AMD might be discountinuing 7990

Vbgf

AMD might be discontinuing the beast card HD7990 because of low demand. A lot of people are holding up buying one because of the frame latency issues, Though the driver will come out soon, the card will most likely be pulled in September.

I think is that AMD shouldn't have put the card on the market without the driver out, but then again with the new gen 9xxx coming soon, they had to do something about it. It would be kinda silly to release a new gen flagship with the old gen at the same time.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/AMD-Radeon-HD-7990-Malta,news-44768.html

posted before search before posting

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/33776-the-radeon-7990-is-going-to-be-discontinued-during-q3-of-2013/

anyways i like the cooler on that beast i hope they will use similar design as reference cooling 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

AMD might be discontinuing the beast card HD7990 because of low demand. A lot of people are holding up buying one because of the frame latency issues, Though the driver will come out soon, the card will most likely be pulled in September.

I think is that AMD shouldn't have put the card on the market without the driver out, but then again with the new gen 9xxx coming soon, they had to do something about it. It would be kinda silly to release a new gen flagship with the old gen at the same time.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/AMD-Radeon-HD-7990-Malta,news-44768.html

Very much agree. The 7990 was a real waste. They released it too late and with issues. Maybe the R&D on it was finished earlier but they knew that the new driver was still months off. They decided to release the card in hope of at least get a return investment on it before the 9000 series... just speculation.

Real shame. If the card and the new driver had been released earlier it would have been an excellent piece of hardware.... except maybe for the coil whine issues. AMD has themselves to blame for not taking the frame latency issues seriously sooner.

Hopefully they'll make use of the cooler again on some future cards.

7990 didnt sell well it was too late  

funny thing is 7970Ghz,7970,7950 is still selling lika a monsta but the poor 7990 :( it cant.

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

I think it was more of a late release and limited exposure kind thing, but still, there wasn't as much of a point to it because of it's price.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

posted before search before posting

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/33776-the-radeon-7990-is-going-to-be-discontinued-during-q3-of-2013/

anyways i like the cooler on that beast i hope they will use similar design as reference cooling 

Yeah, sorry, i did search actually, but nothing poped out. Well then someone can feel free to delete it.

Edit: I was searching for "7990 Discontinued" and nothing poped out, but when i searched for "7990"  just now they did.

Edited by Vbgf

that means you'll get a huge DISCOUNT for that particular graphics card. :)