Windows 10?

jgoonatilaka

Hey guys the time has come......... or has it, should I upgrade main setup to Windows 10? I do game, will NVIDIA drivers work? I do Code will visual studio work? will my server and my computer talk? and will I be able to run virtual machines on VBOX? Thanks.

Not now, I think you should wait until it's officially released.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I would load Window 10 on a separate hard drive as it is still in the beta testing stage,I would not load it on your main drive until Window 10 is out of the beta stage so get your self a spare drive do not load it on you main HD drive your using now...

I know too many people who have had problems with their graphics drivers on win 10. I would avoid it for your gaming rig right now. 

I would load Window 10 on a separate hard drive as it is still in the beta testing stage,I would not load it on your main drive until Window 10 is out of the beta stage so get your self a spare drive do not load it on you main HD drive your using now.

Is it worth break my raid array to do that?

Is it worth break my raid array to do that?

No

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I have it running as my primary OS (no choice, windows 8.1 wouldn't boot), and let me tell you, it was a ROYAL PAIN in the ass to get drivers installed.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I have Windows 10 as main OS, and it works perfectly. Now I didn't compare gaming performance. It is expected to be the same or less than Windows 8 as we are running debug version of Windows, and also the drivers aren't ready yet. You usually have to wait for 2nd version of the drivers after Windows 10 is released officially.

Visual Studio 2013 and 2015 runs perfectly under Windows 10. I use it extensively. No issue to report, beside that if you use VS 2015, with the current latest build (10049) of Windows 10 specifically, Hyper-V won't work, unless you created your Hyper-V session in the previous build of Windows 10. It will be fixed in the future builds, of course. I believe this build (10049) is only available in the fast ring. The slow ring are currently on build 10041, so they don't have this issue. The available ISO is 10041, if I am not mistaken (going by memory).

If Hyper-V doesn't concern you, then well, it is fine you should have no problem.

System specs:

-> Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 (tested with GTX 260, and GTX 780)

-> ASUS Xonar Essence STX

-> Core i7 930

I wouldn't recommend it as your main OS.

It's nice for testing the new stuff they came up with early and get used to, but I've had my fair share of issues with it, mainly drivers and windows update forcing unnecessary/incompatible drivers that break everything.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro