AMD A10 7700k BE lags in minecraft but not BF4?

Go to solution Solved by EliminatingAngels,

Check out optifine, also, make sure you don't have your fps limited to 60 in video options. 

Hey, guess so recently I started building a new rig current specs are

- Asus A88mx-a mobo,

- 8 gb Coursair Vengance pro RAM 2133mhz (soone to be 16)

- No dedicaded GPU (coming soon about a month or so)

- AMD A10 7700k Black edition APU (10 cores = 4 CPU + 6 GPU)

- 430w Thermaltake PSU

- Coursair Case (Carbide Series® Air 240 High Airflow MicroATX and Mini-ITX)

So the main problem is that I can run Battlefeild 4 a medium settings and get approx 60-70 FPS, but try to run minecraft and I can barely get 60 fps (around 45- 58, also my render/ view distance is 10)? Why would this be, I guess im more confused that I can get more FPS in a more intensive game without a dedicated GPU and bad fps in a minecraft ( i think is a lighter game). Any thing I can do? or Optimize? or just go get the dedicated GPU? Thanks any feedback for this is welcomed :D !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[DESKTOP] CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k GPU: ASUS ROG 2080TI RAM: 64GB Corsair Fury DDR4 Mobo: Asus z390-A Prime

Storage:1x 1TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD 2x 1TB WD Black SSD, 2x 3Tb Seagate  HDD PSU: Seasonic 950W

Monitors: 2x Asus TUF Gaming 24" 1440p  144hz, 2x LG  75Hz 1080p LED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SERVER/NAS] CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Mobo: Asus z-170P D3

Storage:1x 1TB Western Digital SSD, 4x Ironwolf Pro 12Tb HDD, 2x 2TB WD Blue  PSU: Thermaltake 650W

[LAPTOP (MacBook Pro 16")] CPU: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, SSD: 2 TB

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB Display: 16-inch (3072 x 1920)

minecraft is not optimised nuf said

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Because Minecraft is more of a CPU game (I believe) so the graphics doesn't matter but the CPU does. In bf4 both matters. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Check out optifine, also, make sure you don't have your fps limited to 60 in video options. 

Check out optifine, also, make sure you don't havef your fps limited to 60 in video options. 

Yeah I turned V-sync off and max fps to unlimited but still wont move base around 48-62 (unstable) :o

[DESKTOP] CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k GPU: ASUS ROG 2080TI RAM: 64GB Corsair Fury DDR4 Mobo: Asus z390-A Prime

Storage:1x 1TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD 2x 1TB WD Black SSD, 2x 3Tb Seagate  HDD PSU: Seasonic 950W

[SERVER/NAS] CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Mobo: Asus z-170P D3

Storage:1x 1TB Western Digital SSD, 4x Ironwolf Pro 12Tb HDD, 2x 2TB WD Blue  PSU: Thermaltake 650W

[LAPTOP (MacBook Pro 16")] CPU: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, RAM: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, SSD: 2 TB

Make sure that you have your frame limit in minecraft set to unlimited. 

Also make sure you have all of your RAM allocated. 

minecraft and AMD CPUs dont match, dont ask me why, dont ask me how to fix it, it happened this way.

(sidenote: optifine makes minecraft a tad more multi-threaded, you may have some luck with it. minecraft forge and fastcraft can help out a bit here and there as well.)

After fiddling in the setting I have solved it and now get arpund 135fps which is great thanks for the support! Also allocated more ram and now runs greats!

Minecraft is mostly single threaded. Also, draw calls in LWJGL are more expensive than they would have been in a programming language that could access OpenGL directly.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Make sure that you have your frame limit in minecraft set to unlimited. 

Also make sure you have all of your RAM allocated. 

WRONG!

if you give minecraft too much RAM it actually starts lagging. its the inner workings of java goodness.

generally somewhere between 512MB and 4GB is ideal depending on resource pack, and mods.

my testing has shown that somewhere between 60 and 80% of dedicated RAM usage is ideal when it comes to FPS.

(meaning if minecraft uses 400MB you should allocate 550-ish MB)

Turn off Vsync

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

WRONG!

if you give minecraft too much RAM it actually starts lagging. its the inner workings of java goodness.

generally somewhere between 512MB and 4GB is ideal depending on resource pack, and mods.

my testing has shown that somewhere between 60 and 80% of dedicated RAM usage is ideal when it comes to FPS.

yeah I noticed I gave it two and runs decent guess I still need to get a dedicated GPU to make things better haha

WRONG!

Wrong!! I tested it. going from 1-16gb of RAM. Improved everytime.