t r o o p e r │ arctic white 760T › X99 › custom hardline › pastel blue #FIN

Hasle

Hey, dude. Nice build. I've already ordered pretty the same pc components w/ the same case. How do you cool the front radiator? Does its fans work @ intake or exhaust? If the both radiators work @ exhaust (as they should be), what about an intake airflow to make them breathe? Is the only intake fan - the rear one? I'm thinking about possibility to make 1:1 push-pull ratio.. and if it's really possible, how noisy it would be.

I only have four fans running (five, including the one in the PSU) - two 140mm as intake in the front, and two 120mm in the top as exhaust. I also considered doing a push/pull configuration on the front radiator, but I found that it simply wasn't necessary with the great temps I was getting, and the extra noise it would introduce. That said, it does get a bit hot up around my lone HDD and the Aquaero in the top of the case, so I might add another exhaust fan up there at some point. :)

And the second thing. Have you heard smth about mounting 420 rad @ the top of this case? Yeah, according to the case's specs, its impossible (360 max), but people do some pretty simple remakes and make a 420 go into Corsair 750d (its pretty the same as 760t; as far as I know).

You can fit three 140mm fans in the top no problem, but you won't be able to fit a 420 radiator without modding the drive bay. There's about 142mm between the sides of the bay, so the fans will fit in between, and so will a 360 radiator, but the 420 won't. But if you don't need the bay, it's just a few rivets you need to drill to remove it, as far as I can tell.

I guess, it would be better for your system, if you make the loop shorter. It's a pretty long way for your coolant with all of these nice-looking corners and so on :)

I did some research on this prior to planning my loop, and found that it actually matters very little how long your loop is, or how many bends you have in it, as long as you have a good pump, and proper flow. I forgot where I read it, but some guy did some testing, and I believe it took 29-30 90 degree bends in a single loop, to affect the CPU temperature by 1C. It's much the same with the order of the components (CPU - GPU - radiators) in the loop - as long as you have good flow, it doesn't matter much.  ^_^

Hope this was helpful - thanks for the kind words.

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

Awesome work, just curious why didn't you use the bender for the 180 bends bruh ?

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Thanks for your answer :) I'll surely try to set the 420, because I see no sense in disc drives any more. The more radiators you have, the less noise your system produce, as far as I know.

Now its time for some led strips? :)

Dang, that is one sexy setup :o Wish I could do watercooling in my rig, but there are not blocks for my GPUs :(

very nice build! good job on the tubing!

[spoiler=REDWING]  REDWING   | Custom Hard Line Water Cooling Loop   |   Intel i7-4790K @ 4.7Ghz   |   Asus Maximus VII Ranger   |   Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-2400 2x8GB   |   2 x Gigabyte GTX970 G1 Gaming (SLI)   |   Corsair AX860i   |   Samsung 850 Pro 512GB   |   Corsair Obsidian 750D   |   Corsair K95 RGB & M65 RGB   |   Samsung SyncMaster S27B370

Project Redwing Build Log

[spoiler=ZedNAS] 'ZedNAS' Home NAS Build   |   Intel Xeon E3 1231 v3   |   ASRock Rack E3C224D4I   |   Kingston KVR16E11/8I 2x8GB   |   Corsair HX750   |   6 x HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB 7200RPM HDD   |   Fractal Design Node 304 mITX Black   |   FreeNAS w/ PleX   |   ZFS Raid-Z2 (16TB Effective)   |

Meget pænt, virkelig professionelt udført!

Dejligt at se nogle danskere med seriøse systemer :-) 

ASRock X99X Killer, i7 5820K @4Ghz, 16Gb Crucial DDR4, 2x 250Gb Samsung Evo, WD 2TB Black + 2TB Red, Corsair 750D, EVGA Supernova G2 850 & GTX 980 (ref.)

If you wish for me to reply, please quote my comment ;)

Awesome work, just curious why didn't you use the bender for the 180 bends bruh ?

Couldn't get the spacing right. It's all about proportions really - I wanted to have the same spacing between the horizontal pipe coming out of the 90 from the MOSFET block, and the fitting on the GPU block. Kinda difficult to explain, so I made a quick illustration:

az_trooperltt_57.jpg

I found this solution more pleasing to the eye, than any other solution I could come up with to mitigate the offset between the fittings. :)

Meget pænt, virkelig professionelt udført!

Dejligt at se nogle danskere med seriøse systemer :-)

Mange tak! Men vi better keep it in English.  :lol:

Thanks a lot guys.

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods 

az_trooperanimlogo.gifaz_troopertags.png

WELCOME!

Just to clarify - this is a finished build, but since this was my very first water cooling adventure, everything has been logged and photographed, and I would very much like to share this with you guys. Hopefully this will be helpful to people considering a hardline loop for their next build, or those who, understandably, find it a more than daunting task for their very first water cooling system - it can be done! :)

az_trooperltt_index.png

az_trooperltt_specs.png

• ASUS X99-S
  • Intel® Core i7-5820K
  • EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0
  • CORSAIR Dominator® Platinum Series 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 2666MHz
  • CORSAIR HX850i
  • SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO 120GB
  • SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 1TB
  • SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200RPM 1TB
az_trooperltt_wc.pngBLOCKS

• [CPU] EK-Supremacy EVO - Nickel (Original CSQ)
  • [GPU] EK-FC980 GTX - Nickel (Original CSQ)
  • [MISC] EK-FC980 GTX Backplate - Black
  • [MOSFET] EK-MOSFET ASUS X99 - Nickel
RADIATORS & FANS

• [FRONT] EK-CoolStream RAD XTC (280)
  • [TOP] EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual)
  • [FAN] 2x Corsair SP140 High Static Pressure (white LED)
  • [FAN] 2x Corsair SP120 PWM Quiet Edition
PUMP

• [PUMP] EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM - Acetal (Original CSQ)
  • [MISC] EK-DDC Heatsink Housing - Black
RESERVOIR, FITTINGS, TUBING & COOLANT

• [RES] EK-Multioption Reservoir 400 (50mm diameter)
  • [FITTING] BITSPOWER Matte Black
  • [FITTING] PrimoChill Revolver Compression Fitting 13/10mm (diamond, black)
  • [TUBING] PrimoChill Acryl Tube 13/10mm (transparent)
  • [COOLANT] MAYHEMS Pastel Blue Berry
CONTROLLING & MISC.

• [CONTROL] aquacomputer aquaero 5 PRO USB
  • [MISC] aquacomputer Flow Sensor "High Flow" G1/4
TOOLS

• PrimoChill Rigid Bender
  • Old Bosch Heatgun
  • Black marker
  • Soldering iron
  • Hack saw
  • Gloves
  • Lots of patience
az_trooperltt_components.jpg

Where did you get that banner from?

I create free buildlog banners.Want one? Go to my shop http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378798-free-buildlog-banner-shop/#entry5119483

Where did you get that banner from?

All the graphics are custom made in Photoshop CS5 for this thread only. The "trooper" logo is in the font "Opificio", and just a simple GIF with ~100 frames, just moving a blue square smoothly behind the typeface. The 760T illustration is from Corsair's PDF manual, the "X99 PCB" was just sourced off Google and edited into monochrome, tubes are made with a simple gradient, and the Mayhems bottles have the logo from their website, and a royalty free bottle icon from a pack I found on DeviantART. :P

nohasslemods 

Hey :) Listen, if you have 120-style radiator @ the top of your case, why don't you use 360mm radiator? In this way you can make your system a lot less noisy, I guess. Because, you know, it's a better way to get rid of the heat - to expand the area of the thermal exchange. With 360 you can set your fans to run slower, but you'll still get the same temperatures. Or if you don't wanna install such long rads, why not 140x2? 140mm fans have better acoustic characteristics.

My 5820k with 1000w Platinum PSU and 16gb ram go back to America. Just imagine that: the customs service suggests these pc parts are some dangerous cryptographic system. In fact it's pure bureaucracy. No official documents for such a new components.

Hey :) Listen, if you have 120-style radiator @ the top of your case, why don't you use 360mm radiator? In this way you can make your system a lot less noisy, I guess. Because, you know, it's a better way to get rid of the heat - to expand the area of the thermal exchange. With 360 you can set your fans to run slower, but you'll still get the same temperatures. Or if you don't wanna install such long rads, why not 140x2? 140mm fans have better acoustic characteristics.

At first I only planned on using the front rad, but soon came to the conclusion that it just wouldn't provide enough heat dispersion to keep the temperatures down if I wanted to overclock. So the top rad was sort of a last minute addition, and I couldn't fit a larger or longer rad, because I was adamant on using the super tall EK reservoir, and there just wasn't enough room:

az_trooperltt_58.jpg

If I decide to pick up another 980 at some point down the line though, I'll definitely install a larger radiator in the top. Probably swapping the res and pump for a D5 combo, that isn't as tall. :)

nohasslemods 

• 4 weeks later...

Please, update this topic when you go up to some 420 :)

sir this was an epic adventure from start to finish, more for you obviously, but i love what you did. I teared up a bit looking at the finished product. only makes me want to get the stuff for my upgrade build all the quicker and start voiding all of the warranties.

Please, update this topic when you go up to some 420 :)

I most certainly will. :)

sir this was an epic adventure from start to finish, more for you obviously, but i love what you did. I teared up a bit looking at the finished product. only makes me want to get the stuff for my upgrade build all the quicker and start voiding all of the warranties.

Thanks man. Very glad that you enjoyed it, and I wish you all the best with your own project! :)

nohasslemods