Recurrent BSOD win 8.1 ntoskrnl tcpip driver irql not less

Snowcrab
Go to solution Solved by Lord Gaben,

From the looks of it, It looks like a buggy network driver,

ntoskrnl.exe is the NT Kernel

tcpip.sys is the TCP/IP Driver

Remove any 3rd party networking management software on your system, that type of software commonly causes instabilities.

You could also try remove your networking drivers, as Windows will commonly download necessary tested drivers.

Relatively new computer built in November and I'm having a recurring BSOD problem. Reformatted my pc completely and the problem persisted still with the same driver irql not less than or equal error with bluescreenview pointing to the ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys files. After the reformat I've done a couple of the win 8 refreshes or resets in the troubleshooting menu to no avail. Also tried reseating my ram and gpu but nothing.

specs:

Win 8.1 64

i5 4690K - still at factory settings

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 932MHz (9-9-9-27)

maximus 7 hero 1150

msi gtx 970

238GB Crucial_CT256MX100SSD1 (SSD)
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA)
bios: American Megatrends Inc. 1104 7/16/2014

I haven't been able to pinpoint any software that has been causing the issue but the bsods seem to happen either right after boot up at the desktop or after the computer has been idle for a little while but not yet asleep.

I attached my dump files just as bluescreenview compiled them.

I appreciate any insight you may have, thanks for looking

dump.txt

dump.txt

Im not a pro at this, but I know "tcpip" stands for "TCP over IP" which is a type of networking packet that is run over an IP address. So this tells me that it probably is a networking hardware issue, I would start simple and reinstall or update the drivers for your onboard LAN or wifi, or any Expansion networking cards you have as it may fix the issue.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

From the looks of it, It looks like a buggy network driver,

ntoskrnl.exe is the NT Kernel

tcpip.sys is the TCP/IP Driver

Remove any 3rd party networking management software on your system, that type of software commonly causes instabilities.

You could also try remove your networking drivers, as Windows will commonly download necessary tested drivers.

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

I uninstalled my lan driver, installed the new one and removed the asus gamefirst lan program completely and things appear to be running fine. No bsod all night or during the day when I was away so the problem appears to have been fixed. I guess I should have spent more time looking into the tcpip instead of the ntoskrnl error. Thank you for all your help