Should i upgrade to Windows 8.1 or wait until Windows 10?

Steeler1994

Hello! I just found out today that i have a free copy of Windows 8.1 for being a college student. I was wondering if it is worth doing a clean install from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 or should i just hold off until Windows 10. Thanks!

Hello! I just found out today that i have a free copy of Windows 8.1 for being a college student. I was wondering if it is worth doing a clean install from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 or should i just hold off until Windows 10. Thanks!

do it. windows 8.1 upgrade to 10 is free.

I am fairly sure that there is a free upgrade to 10 from 7 as well so I would stick to 7 until 10's release

Normally I would say upgrade because I do prefer 8.1 to 7 (once I got used to it) but TBH with 10 coming so soon I would wait unless you really want to go through a whole reinstall/update process.

I would make sure you claim/activate your copy of 8.1 though so the key doesn't expire (and what ever other keys you get access to through college), I got a W7, W8 and W8.1 through Uni and all of them will be upgradable to 10 so that's 3 free copies of 10 ;)