THE college laptop on a budget (sorta)

So, I just ordered one of these bad boys and it's coming in about two weeks. just check out what this thing has to offer, and it's only $700!

One of the cheapest prices I've seen for a quad core intel 4th gen laptop. 

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-ENVY/E4T17AV

I just got mine cuz I'm going to college this year, hope this helps someone who's in the market for one :)

Shame I can't get that it looks like it's only available in the US, could have used one of them. :/

oh, sorry man, my fault, should've announced that :(

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get it with windows 8?

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

• 2 weeks later...

It's not really that great of a deal. No dedicated gpu is a deal breaker for me

FX 6300 - MSI 7870 Ghz - M5A97 R2.0 - Team Vulcan 8GB - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - Rosewill HIVE 550w - NZXT Source 210 (white) - Loud Fans

Peripherals - Logitech G105 - Cobra mouse - Acer G236HL - Logitech desktop mic - Logitech LS21 - Audio Technica ATH-M30

Laptop - Acer Aspire V3 - A84500m - 7670m - 15.6" screen (1366x768) - 3.5GB DDR3  - 500GB Scorpio Blue

i just got a  X131e thinkpad laptop (windows) (made for schools) for a friend

u can have an inserted usb stick and kick it and the usb port wont break

~8 hours of tested battery life

if u want a laptop that lasts never EVER look at the internal hardware specs/low price  as a source of quality

im not sure how good the envy line is but ive owned every generation of the HP DV series since 2007 - 2011 and they were hell

i got fed up and bought a T530

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

oh, sorry man, my fault, should've announced that :(

It's not your fault they can't ship to the UK.

It doesn't seem all that great imo, but it'as better than my desktop, so I can't really judge.

Sarah Jessica Parker

when the deal was good, you could get an nvidia 740 I believe.  And yes, I did get windows 8 with it

i just got a  X131e thinkpad laptop (windows) (made for schools) for a friend

u can have an inserted usb stick and kick it and the usb port wont break

~8 hours of tested battery life

if u want a laptop that lasts never EVER look at the internal hardware specs/low price  as a source of quality

im not sure how good the envy line is but ive owned every generation of the HP DV series since 2007 - 2011 and they were hell

i got fed up and bought a T530

Getting a L530 as my school laptop. Its exactly everything you need in a school laptop, and nothing you don't need which sadly means Intel HD4000 graphics. But again school isn't for gaming.

Getting a L530 as my school laptop. Its exactly everything you need in a school laptop, and nothing you don't need which sadly means Intel HD4000 graphics. But again school isn't for gaming.

hehe

in my class when the teacher leaves every body fires up CS 1.6 and starts a lan server

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's not too late and you don't mind refurbs, this is excellent: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231001

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.