so iv got a M-ATX H97 MSI motherboard which is dual channel with a core I5 4460 and iv got 8gb of dual channel corsair vengance Pro's.

i want to know if it qould be beneficial or even possible to add another kit to give me 16gb?

so iv got a M-ATX H97 MSI motherboard which is dual channel with a core I5 4460 and iv got 8gb of dual channel corsair vengance Pro's.

i want to know if it qould be beneficial or even possible to add another kit to give me 16gb?

depends on your work load.

video etiting? yea probably

3d design? probably

tab hog like @LinusTech? yea probably

gaming? no.

possible, yes, beneficial, eh, maybe.

if you use chrome and edit videos.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Ive done a variety of stuff on my pc, not super intensive but I've never gone over 10-12 GB of ram usage, and that was 150+ mods on minecraft.

EDIT: 8gb is fine for gaming, but for 3d design or video editing you might benefit more from 16gb, though it would still work with 8

Ive done a variety of stuff on my pc, not super intensive but I've never gone over 10-12 GB of ram usage, and that was 150+ mods on minecraft.

that minecraft :D

i ran a x512 texture pack once that ran me up to 10GB of RAM

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

You will have 16gb instead of 8gb. Are you using all of the ram now? Then yes, it will be better. But if you are using only 6-7gb, then use your money some place more critical. Or if you just happen to have money laying around...

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv