Ultimate case downgrade (90s Theme) FINISHED

I am about to do something only I and a few other people on this forum would dream of doing because it is so hardcore and mind blowing.

Currently I have a LianLi pc-v360b case that I picked up at Micro Center last year for $35 brand new, I have no idea why it was that cheep but I had to get it. (Most likely wanted to clean out for new stock)

Anyways, the case is amazing and I love it, the only problem is that it is to good for me and does not match my setup one bit. That's right, to good.

In a few weeks I am getting a new monitor to replace my "modern" monitor, you see were I am going with this?

If you don't here is a hint of what is going to happen in the coming weeks. I will update this post when I get the new case.

I'm taking stupid to a whole new level.

@tmcclelland455 I think you might like this ;)

This case

pjRXXEl.jpg

to this case

Gpqiljm.jpg

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

@ShiroiTenshi @Vozella

I've been retro! My current case is not so I think it is about time I do that ;)

It has semi-modern components inside that run cool so I should be fine on the heat side of things.

I thought about buying that case for HELIOS, but it was mATX and not ATX. :(

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I thought about buying that case for HELIOS, but it was mATX and not ATX. :(

Ya only downside really to it :\

Ya only downside really to it :\

Still really wanna know/see more of that PII. I don't recall a dual CPU build.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Still really wanna know/see more of that PII. I don't recall a dual CPU build.

I'm going to turn the Pentium II system into my Midi/audio system, as for the dual CPU system (I believe you are referring to my signature) that is my dream system :)I might update the Pentium II build tonight once I get my mixer and everything hooked up to it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally ordered the case, should be her sometime this week! Updates to come.

Lucky me! The case just got shipped :/ It will be here between the 23-28th. In the meantime I have been working on the desk and I also obtained the monitor! I will post a new thread about the system that came with it. Everything seems to be original so that is a big plus  :lol:

Az2fhs3.jpg

6PT92FC.jpg

@tmcclelland455 I also got some other things you might like :P  so I will mention you in that thread when I post it. 

I have a very old Compaq Laptop that has Windows 95 that I refused to get rid of! lol.

So you'll be running new hardware inside the old gear? Class to be fair. Defo need some bog standard looking speakers next to that!

I have a very old Compaq Laptop that has Windows 95 that I refused to get rid of! lol.

So you'll be running new hardware inside the old gear? Class to be fair. Defo need some bog standard looking speakers next to that!

In fact I do have a pair of speakers that will fit the job perfectly, I will have to pull them out of storage but they are well worth it ;)

Been in the loft... looking at the old stuff I have, it's only old school RAM now, might have to whack it on eBay as untested. Also got an old Compaq Evo laptop too. Never noticed that before?!?!

So it's definitely new gear going into your build?

You MUST have the Windows 95 logon sound each time you boot up! lol. I prefer it to the Win 98 one!

Kinda like I love the PS4 theme that you can have the old Playstation start up sounds.

Been in the loft... looking at the old stuff I have, it's only old school RAM now, might have to whack it on eBay as untested. Also got an old Compaq Evo laptop too. Never noticed that before?!?!

So it's definitely new gear going into your build?

You MUST have the Windows 95 logon sound each time you boot up! lol. I prefer it to the Win 98 one!

Kinda like I love the PS4 theme that you can have the old Playstation start up sounds.

Yep! The system that will be going into the case is an FX 6300 with a Micro ATX gigabyte board (idk the exact model number), originally was going to put my GTX 650 ti boost along with it but for the monitor would be extreme overkill unless I have multiple, so I will be using my Geforce 8600 GTS. 5gb DDR3 1333Mhz, needs to be upgraded soon :/, Samsung 840 Pro 128gb SSD and a 500gb WD Blue IDE drive because why not, also a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS since this system is going to be mainly for music and video rendering. Don't forget the floppy drive, zip drive, and the good old Plextor DVD CD RW drive. Also I already have the NT Workstation 4.0 startup sound set ;)

Ha. Class. I sold loads of Iomega zip drives not so long back at all.

Subbed!

Multi LED coloured fans were the rage when I had my first new build after my old DX2-66. Forgot what it was, defo a Pentium.

Ha. Class. I sold loads of Iomega zip drives not so long back at all.

Subbed!

Multi LED coloured fans were the rage when I had my first new build after my old DX2-66. Forgot what it was, defo a Pentium.

I might have to pick up one of those multi-colored led fans on massdrop for the single 90mm intake fan ;) 

Pity you're in the US, I have 2x new 80mm LED fans here from years ago. lol

Has that Massdrop taken off then, don't hear much of it over here in the UK?

Ya, blew up recently and personally not my cup of tea, but it if it to get multi-colored LEDs I guess I will use it. I might also check out kick starter. 

Yep, that'll do. I mean it's personal taste, but loads of PC's had them back in the day. It was like "WOAH!"

As 90s as I can make it the better ;)

The silverstone sg02 looks pretty retro while still looking cool.

$_35.JPG

The silverstone sg02 looks pretty retro while still looking cool.

$_35.JPG

Love that case, reminds me of the shuttle pcs, might need to do an itc build with that thing.

This is the setup right now, using a dell temporarily. sRkWAZ6.jpg

Love that case, reminds me of the shuttle pcs, might need to do an itc build with that thing.

You can put a micro atx case in there!