X99 Micro ATX

What are your thoughts on X99 MATX? Does It suffer by only having 4 dimm slots.?

You always see people''s X99 builds featuring 16gb of single sided DDR4 using 4 of the 8 dimm slots. Would it make sense to get MATX with it's 4 total dimm slots but use 32gb of dual sided memory(4x8gb)? It wouldn't be upgradable but would it be comparable to or faster than an ATX with 8x4gb single sided modules? 

Also, is it possible to use the top and bottom pcie 3.0 slots for sli/crossfire and use something else in the middle pcie 3.0 slot? My case has 5 expansion slots so thats not a problem.

Thanks 

Hi

Why do you want x99? A Micro ATX board is not gona utilize pci-e or memory to justify the expence.

Regards

Chris

For the 5820k 6-core with hyperthreading. It's $50 more than 4790k and mobos and ddr4 are about a $100 more each. I'm trying to  decide if it's worth it. I have an empty matx case (350d) and need a new PC.

Alternatively I could do a H97 build with Xeon 1231v3 and build X99 in the near future. I want X99 at some point though.