NVIDIA Releases new driver, brings hotfixes, WDDM 2.0, and yes, finally oCL1.2

LukaP

Or society could grow up and we could just start indiscriminately killing criminals and correct societal behavior. We're attacking the symptoms and not the problem, and thus we lose far more than we gain.

yes, but then you face the problem of killing innocent people, just like how it was with the inquisition. being imprisoned for something you didnt do is completly different from being killed for it.

I agree that we should kill the rapist, pedophillic, political scum that exists, but all criminals, no, because its sometimes hard to be certain

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Not always you know there are pros who do this and they leave no traces of scratches.

Just because you don't give a shit doesn't mean I wont, I would like to have my privacy and I wouldn't want/allow anyone to get into my house without permission even if they didn't damage,steal,etc.

There's no one who doesn't leave a trace. It may be obscured 6 ways from Sunday, but every router and switch you go through will keep your information for a very long time, unless you intend to flood them all so much from so many directions you won't even have the bandwidth to get the traffic you want.

There's no such thing as an untraceable hack. Just ask Gene Stafford of Purdue. When the military needs something done and they don't have the solution, they go to him.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

yes, but then you face the problem of killing innocent people, just like how it was with the inquisition. being imprisoned for something you didnt do is completly different from being killed for it.

I agree that we should kill the rapist, pedophillic, political scum that exists, but all criminals, no, because its sometimes hard to be certain

Straw man. The number of wrongful convictions these days is practically negligible.

Furthermore, criminals, like all humans, are creatures of habit. It will become obvious before long. You also make a fair point for eliminating many of the restrictions on getting warrants for investigations. If you want to leave a criminal no time to cover their tracks, it would be most effective to simply call a government notary and gain authorization without the mountain of paperwork.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

There's no one who doesn't leave a trace. It may be obscured 6 ways from Sunday, but every router and switch you go through will keep your information for a very long time, unless you intend to flood them all so much from so many directions you won't even have the bandwidth to get the traffic you want.

There's no such thing as an untraceable hack. Just ask Gene Stafford of Purdue. When the military needs something done and they don't have the solution, they go to him.

I meant the picking, they can leave no scratches if scratches are your concern. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I meant the picking, they can leave no scratches if scratches are your concern. 

BS. I've seen the best at work, and there's always a scratch. It's the nature of the business.

The amount of Mac Pros is not significant, in the big picture. Perhaps in the "prosumer" world yes, but all in all, not really. 

Maybe not in the enterprise world, but many schools and universities rely strictly on using Mac Pros for research, development, and education. That still must represent a somewhat significant portion of the market.

I also prefer OpenCL for other things, for example OpenCL comes with run-time code generation built-in, and control over memory synchronizations is far superior from Cuda's. 

Of course you could always get around that with PyCUDA but my point is that OpenCL isn't really that bad on my opinion. 

BS. I've seen the best at work, and there's always a scratch. It's the nature of the business.

Don't forget you yourself can leave scratches too, and look at this video he leaves no scratches

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Maybe not in the enterprise world, but many schools and universities rely strictly on using Mac Pros for research, development, and education. That still must represent a somewhat significant portion of the market.

I also prefer OpenCL for other things, for example OpenCL comes with run-time code generation built-in, and control over memory synchronizations is far superior from Cuda's. 

Of course you could always get around that with PyCUDA but my point is that OpenCL isn't really that bad on my opinion. 

Clearly you haven't worked with CUDA 6. OpenCL is miles behind still, though 2.1 should close the majority of the gaps.

Don't forget you yourself can leave scratches too, and look at this video he leaves no scratches

Yeah, he left no scratches on a carbide steel lock with metals harder than his tools (and actually there are a couple on the corners). If you're stupid enough to pay for such a thing, you deserve to get picked and robbed.

Yeah, he left no scratches on a carbide steel lock with metals harder than his tools (and actually there are a couple on the corners). If you're stupid enough to pay for such a thing, you deserve to get picked and robbed.

You said it's harder than his tools then you say there are couple on the corners you just contradicted yourself.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

You said it's harder than his tools then you say there are couple on the corners you just contradicted yourself.

I used the slider, went through the video quickly, realized the metal he was using, got to the end, and actually found a couple anyway. I'm lazy. Sue me.

I used the slider, went through the video quickly, realized the metal he was using, got to the end, and actually found a couple anyway. I'm lazy. Sue me.

Show me the scratches the he cause.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Maybe nvidia is seeing the writing on the wall. Maybe OpenCL is getting more popular?

Either way, SPIR-V is a huge part of Vulcan, so I guess that would make some sense.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro