Should I buy a Blue Yeti Pro right away?

MuffinsOfGump

Hey everyone, I am trying to decide if I should buy the Blue Yeti Blackout or the Blue Yeti Pro. I do a lot of Skype calls and audio work/mixing. I have a sound mixer with XLR that I could use for the Pro. I just need to know if the larger price tag is worth the extra quality. Thanks everyone!

As someone who owns a Blue Yeti - Don't waste your money.

Its not terrible, but you'd be better off getting a less gimmicky mic that gives up the ability to switch between Cardoid, Omnidirectional, stereo, etc. With a mic like the AT2020/2035 which is designed for the soul purpose of one type of recording in mind.

Just my 2 cents on the Blue Yeti.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

As someone who owns a Blue Yeti - Don't waste your money.

Its not terrible, but you'd be better off getting a less gimmicky mic that gives up the ability to switch between Cardoid, Omnidirectional, stereo, etc. With a mic like the AT2020/2035 which is designed for the soul purpose of one type of recording in mind.

Just my 2 cents on the Blue Yeti.

I decided on the Yeti because of the built in zero-latency headphone jack in it, and the XLR and USB ports of the Pro. If you could suggest a mic with those I'd be very excited to look into it :)

If the Yeti has the features you need then get it. The Yeti not the Pro. Pro not worth it for your uses (from what you posted) imo :)

EDIT: AT 2500 usb also has headphone jack for monitoring. Price difference in the US is $60. Only cons I have with this mic is no mute and very bright led

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

What's wrong with omnidirectional? Provided you have a quiet room and a quiet PC, I would think omnidirectional gives the most natural sound.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Just buy the Blue Snowball.  Its an amazing... amazing freaking microphone.  I get compliments all the time from strangers on how good the clarity is on my end when I am gaming.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."