Buying a digital version of PS4 game do I need PSN+ to play multiplayer?

bydus

Like in the title, i've read somewhere if I buy digital version of the game I don't need to have psn+ to play online as it has online pass build in, is that true ?

Like in the title, i've read somewhere if I buy digital version of the game I don't need to have psn+ to play online as it has online pass build in, is that true ?

I believe you still need PLUS 

Honestly you should get plus anyway, its pretty awesome

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you mean Online Multiplayer then yes you need to have PSN+ membership. The online use is available for some games but not for all as far as I know. Anyway it would be better to get the PSN+ membership as you get free games and stuff.

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

I don't think online passes have existed for over a year now. And to reiterate what was said above, yes you need PS+ to play anything online.

I believe you still need PLUS 

Honestly you should get plus anyway, its pretty awesome

It won't remain awesome for very long. The free games will drop down in quality from the best ps games to stupid 2d games since everyone will be on psn which makes it bad for business. Besides I'd rather buy and keep 2 games than rent and download 12 random games. Making people pay again for something they've already paid for is pathetic even by cheap tactic standards. 

It won't remain awesome for very long. The free games will drop down in quality from the best ps games to stupid 2d games since everyone will be on psn which makes it bad for business. Besides I'd rather buy and keep 2 games than rent and download 12 random games. Making people pay again for something they've already paid for is pathetic even by cheap tactic standards. 

Not true,  ive had plus for years with the PS3 and have had tons of amazing ps3 games and vita games, and have even claimed some decent ps4 games too

I agree its still bullshit to make people pay to access online features, BUT even so I would still buy plus for the freebies

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Not true, ive had plus for years with the PS3 and have had tons of amazing ps3 games and vita games, and have even claimed some decent ps4 games too

I agree its still bullshit to make people pay to access online features, BUT even so I would still buy plus for the freebies

I think that ps+ for ps4 is really gonna suck now that you basically have to get it for online multiplayer and that the ps4 is doing better than the Xbox one if you look at games for gold they completely destroy ps+ lineup for next-gen

I think that ps+ for ps4 is really gonna suck now that you basically have to get it for online multiplayer and that the ps4 is doing better than the Xbox one if you look at games for gold they completely destroy ps+ lineup for next-gen

I think its good just this month there is Tower of Guns and Never Lone for ps4, dishonoured for PS3 and Killzone and something else for the Vita - AWESOME

I think its good just this month there is Tower of Guns and Never Lone for ps4, dishonoured for PS3 and Killzone and something else for the Vita - AWESOME

think about the people like me who only have a ps4 you are paying all that money to get indie games and multiplayer I'm fine with indie games but honestly I regret getting ps+ for this year since I never play online and most of the games are not great for ps4

think about the people like me who only have a ps4 you are paying all that money to get indie games and multiplayer I'm fine with indie games but honestly I regret getting ps+ for this year since I never play online and most of the games are not great for ps4

fair enough

Unfortunately.. Sony has done the same as microsoft.... thought they were better than that... i cri evretim :'(

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/