Just some questions about Cryptowall 3.0

DeViLzzz

I got this message earlier on Facebook ....

"Hey, it's ******, so ****** installed help_decrypt.html, it's a virus that has mucked up all my documents and pictures, gonna need ur help, but only if it's soon, if it's going to take months, I'll pay to recover it"

Unfortunately my son and others never listen to me in terms of never installing something you never intended to install. Uncheck all boxes and such. I asked his mom if she did a backup of Windows and such before recently or ever and she said she tried and it wouldn't work.  I remember her telling me this in the past and well I never did help.  I was never one to backup Windows and never saw a need to as any important files I had which weren't even business related were kept in online storage or in my email accounts.  Anyway wonderfully they had to install what Linus and Luke I believe talked about on The WAN Show not long ago.  NSA type software holding your files for ransom. 
 So the questions I have is are:

1. With the previous versions of this virus or whatever I assume there were fixes eventually where people could decrypt the files without having to pay the people who were doing this?  Would that be true?  (So far since I posted this all I have found is it saying you need the proper keys or no go.)
2. I thought of gathering all the encrypted files that were important to her and save them to dvd.  If I do this will it only save those files or will it drag a copy of the virus or whatever with them?

Anyway at some point possibly tonight like I asked I get this pc to look at.  I will definitely not be putting it in my network for fear of it spreading and corrupting the whole thing.  It should be fun in a horrible sort of way. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Well not one comment on what I posted but hey when you get Cryptowall 3.0 what really is there to say?  Unless you pay these people you are ****ed and are going to lose some files.

Anyway I ended up getting *.png files needed which were not encrypted by this and I am done with backing up all the encrypted stuff to dvd.  It was a gut wrenching and emotional experience I never saw coming.  Folders of pics and videos related to my son and other family he has that we will never likely get back because we won't pay to decrypt it.  The guys behind this Cryptowall 3.0 are real ********.  I have read other stories out there that really are tear jerking too.  

In looking up information on backing up Windows/Windows Restore Point I see that companies like Acer which is the pc my ex has that I am working on do NOT give you a boot disk with your purchase.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  When she told me this in the past I was like you must have lost it/misplaced it but nope.  So if she had this disk she would have long ago had her pc backed up and been able to revert to an earlier Windows setting where things were not ****ed up.  I am really ticked off about this and will definitely be talking to Acer about this policy.  It is beyond idiotic.

Eh now I am onto just installing a new OS on the POS and for some reason it won't take.  It says there are files missing.  The very same OS I am using has worked on other pcs I have built myself.  

I hate the evil ******** behind Cryptowall and I hate prebuilt pcs.  There always seems to be something that makes things much more difficult.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S