Moto G ROM: Which Countries have 5.0 OTA and Other Questions That are Similar

Preface: I am not on an Xperia Z2 for a while while the replacement parts are ordered and shipped. I am using a 1st gen moto g AWS (XT1034) with a bootloader of x4013. This is the main problem. I was ready to flash CM12 when a status 7 error occurred complaining about said bootloader.

The plan:

Original (done):

Unlock bootloader

Install CWM recovery

Flash CM12 nightly *point of failure

Mark 2 (done):

Flash American stock ROM 4.4.4 Kitkat in hopes of OTA

Use OTA to upgrade to bootloader x4018. *point of failure

Mark 3 (current):

Flash a foreign ROM with Lollipop that has support for AWS frequencies <----------------------------- Where I need help.

Use CWM to flash CM12

Profit

My actual question:

I need to find a way to get the x4018 bootloader on my X1034. XDA has a post regarding this issue for other 1st gen Moto Gs (being the x1032 and x1031) but I run a risk of hard-bricking if I flash it on my x1034. The plan is to find a ROM, I started with Canadian and moved to US and now plan to move to another. I won't do this if it won't get me the Lollipop from Moto as that is the only way I could find to upgrade my bootloader.

If you have a way to do this, please post. I know I should use XDA but I am somewhat a noob and need more basic advice that is more common here.

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

we have it in canada. somme people it came out as soon as it released others it took 2 weeks

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

we have it in canada. somme people it came out as soon as it released others it took 2 weeks

That's where you're wrong, lad. Some do, my friend's Moto G does. Mine does not. The difference lies in which Moto G. Mine is a factory unlocked AWS 16gb. My friend's is a factory locked Telus Moto G that he had unlocked that is a GSM 8gb. I tried OTA on the stock ROM. Speaking of which, do you know if the lollipop updatable is downloadable somewhere? I couldn't find it. 

Intel Core i7 4770k - 2x Geforce GTX 780 - MSI Z87 MPower Max - Corsair H60 - 8GB Avexir Core Series MPower Yellow + 4gb no-brand DDR3 - Corsair Obsidian 750d - AData XPG SX900 256gb SSD - Seagate Barracuda 3TB (7200 RPM) - Hitachi 250GB 2.5in HDD (3200 RPM) - WD HDD 160GB extracted from iMac via black magic (no specified RPM) - ASUS VG248QE 144HZ 3d Vision Monitor - Logitech G602 - Ducky Shine 3 TKL - AKG 172 HD Headphones - Xperia z2 - Sony Noise canceling earphones -  Nikon D5200 With Bundled Lenses - Windows 7 Home Premium - Blue Snowball iCE - Acer Aspire X with a broken case, AMD A6, and Raijintek Aidos CPU heatsink

That's where you're wrong, lad. Some do, my friend's Moto G does. Mine does not. The difference lies in which Moto G. Mine is a factory unlocked AWS 16gb. My friend's is a factory locked Telus Moto G that he had unlocked that is a GSM 8gb. I tried OTA on the stock ROM. Speaking of which, do you know if the lollipop updatable is downloadable somewhere? I couldn't find it. 

my sister has an unlocked one and it got the update a month after she bought it in febuary

its the X1032 I think

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

What I did was to flash the brazilian firmware, mainly because it was among the first countries to get the lollipop update. I am rocking V5.0.2. I had to flash it in the recovery instead of through the ADB because it always gave a parse error while flashing moto boot. I have an XT1032 but the firmware was actually for the XT1033 (dual sim variant) but it worked like a charm.

my sister has an unlocked one and it got the update a month after she bought it in febuary

its the X1032 I think

They're all different. Mine has no Lollipop and yours may have it. 

What I did was to flash the brazilian firmware, mainly because it was among the first countries to get the lollipop update. I am rocking V5.0.2. I had to flash it in the recovery instead of through the ADB because it always gave a parse error while flashing moto boot. I have an XT1032 but the firmware was actually for the XT1033 (dual sim variant) but it worked like a charm.

I will try on my XT1034

They're all different. Mine has no Lollipop and yours may have it. 

appears to be that the 1034 has no 5.0 roms yet. when it does it will be here  http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/development/rom-stock-motorola-lollipop-rom-t3017510

appears to be that the 1034 has no 5.0 roms yet. when it does it will be here  http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/development/rom-stock-motorola-lollipop-rom-t3017510

I just checked that very post. Seems my Z2 isn't my only phone stuck on KitKat ;(

I just checked that very post. Seems my Z2 isn't my only phone stuck on KitKat ;(

I cant even get a AOSP 4.4 for my tab 3 7.0 :( 

I cant even get a AOSP 4.4 for my tab 3 7.0 :(

That's a shame. I hate not having updates. I stay away from Samsung for tablets because of the update problem.

That's a shame. I hate not having updates. I stay away from Samsung for tablets because of the update problem.

to be fair it came out 2 years ago and did get 4.4.2

to be fair it came out 2 years ago and did get 4.4.2

That is 4.4 kitkat. I know you meant 4.4.4. PS. I am now on paranoid android 4.4. I wish paranoid 5.0 existed for moto g.

That is 4.4 kitkat. I know you meant 4.4.4. PS. I am now on paranoid android 4.4. I wish paranoid 5.0 existed for moto g.

nope 4.4.2

nope 4.4.2

You said you don't have 4.4.

You said you don't have 4.4.

ii dont have aosp Roms aka all the Roms are based on touchwiz

ii dont have aosp Roms aka all the Roms are based on touchwiz

Touchwiz is not horrible, but I do like Paranoid Android a lot.

Touchwiz is not horrible, but I do like Paranoid Android a lot.

with 800mb ram and a weak sauce CPU it is

with 800mb ram and a weak sauce CPU it is

I can imagine, 1gb and a snapdragon 400 on almost AOSP is fairly laggy in places.