Dvorak keyboard?

Jagsrs28

I just got done watching a Techquickie video about the qwerty keyboard vs the Dvorak keyboard (If you havent seen the video then you probably have no idea what im talking about) which got me thinking, do they have any company's actively producing keyboards with a Dvorak layout? In these situations Google is a dear friend of mine.

To my surprise the answer is yes! There is a company called "Matias" which I've never heard of until today. They produce all sorts of funky keyboards that range anywhere from AES encrypted wireless keyboards to "The Worlds Quietest Keyboard" to Folding keyboards. They're advertising their Dvorak keyboard as a "Faster, more comfortable experience", and the way I see it, with a  $100 price tag, it must be more comfortable using the keyboard, due to sitting on a thinner wallet. Thats a pretty ridiculous price to pay considering the only differences between a standard qwerty keyboard and their keyboard is a "Layout Selection" key which switches the layout to a qwerty keyboard, and at the top right of every key is the normal qwerty keyboard legends.

With all of that in mind I have two questions to ask all of you:

1. Would you buy Mistas Dvorak Keyboard at the price of $100?

2. Would you ever use a Dvorak Keyboard in your daily tasks?

The only way I would ever get this keyboard is if I convinced my health insurance to invest in me by purchasing me the keyboard to lower the risk of carpal tunnel and RSI due to less movement when typing.

http://matias.ca/dvorak/

Well my qwerty keyboard cost $200.mso there might be another factor driving the cost.

Also small production numbers means it is more expensive to produce than a mass produced device.

Easiest way is to rearrange the keys on another keyboard.

I think there's cheaper cherry MX mechanical keyboard out there. and as taran said ( i think taran who's the one that did the techquickie vid ) u can remove all the keycap and set it to dvorak order then u download windows dvorak keyboard input. EZPZ

Well, you don't have to buy a dvorak specific keyboard. You could always get one with blank keys and change it in software.

That is what a friend of mine does.

Well, you don't have to buy a dvorak specific keyboard. You could always get one with blank keys and change it in software.

That is what a friend of mine does.

Yeah the only reason I see in purchasing this keyboard is for the layout select button :/

Yeah the only reason I see in purchasing this keyboard is for the layout select button :/

There actually used to be a Ducky keyboard that had dip switches on the backside were you could change between qwerty and dvorak. Sadly no longer in production.

new time I buy a mechanical KB i'm going to see if i can fine key caps that have both layouts on them.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

I just got done watching a Techquickie video about the qwerty keyboard vs the Dvorak keyboard (If you havent seen the video then you probably have no idea what im talking about) which got me thinking, do they have any company's actively producing keyboards with a Dvorak layout? In these situations Google is a dear friend of mine.

To my surprise the answer is yes! There is a company called "Matias" which I've never heard of until today. They produce all sorts of funky keyboards that range anywhere from AES encrypted wireless keyboards to "The Worlds Quietest Keyboard" to Folding keyboards. They're advertising their Dvorak keyboard as a "Faster, more comfortable experience", and the way I see it, with a  $100 price tag, it must be more comfortable using the keyboard, due to sitting on a thinner wallet. Thats a pretty ridiculous price to pay considering the only differences between a standard qwerty keyboard and their keyboard is a "Layout Selection" key which switches the layout to a qwerty keyboard, and at the top right of every key is the normal qwerty keyboard legends.

With all of that in mind I have two questions to ask all of you:

1. Would you buy Mistas Dvorak Keyboard at the price of $100?

2. Would you ever use a Dvorak Keyboard in your daily tasks?

The only way I would ever get this keyboard is if I convinced my health insurance to invest in me by purchasing me the keyboard to lower the risk of carpal tunnel and RSI due to less movement when typing.

http://matias.ca/dvorak/

I wouldn't, I find the qwerty layout absolutely fine for me!

Can't you just swap the keys around then change the keyboard layout in windows? Or buy keycaps with the dvorak print on them?

There are lots of keyboards with dipswitches and you don't even need that... Just change the layout on windows/osx/loonix.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

• I would just change the layout on your keyboard of choice, buying a "dvorak" keyboard is probably not the best way :)