GoPro using an 128gb microSD card

Poledancerz

Sorry if this is a dumb question/in the wrong section. 

I want to get a GoPro HERO4 Silver or a HERO3+ silver, and I noticed that they both store a capacity of 64gb (on storage sold separately via microSD cards)

So this might be a dumb question, but why couldn't I use a larger microSD card? I would like to use this microSD card: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SanDisk-128GB-Ultra-Micro-SDXC-UHS-1-Class-10-MicroSD-Memory-Card-w-SD-2015-/111629793606

I'm aware it doesn't reach the speeds needed for the "high bitrate video", because I would like to do long recordings of lower-quality footage. 

Am I stuck with getting a 64gb microSD card or can I go for the bigger one? 

Why do these capacities exist even though they use the same interface?

I would not but that sd card. sd cards are often faked and a real 128GB microsd usually costs AT MINUMUM 2.5X that amount.

also the go pro website says it only officially supports up to 64GB cards.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

My guess is that the seller is selling China copies. SanDisk doesn't make 128GB ones of that specific model.