WTF IS THIS ?

alihazzi7

If it's a FX 6300-6350 then it's the CPU cause it would bottleneck.

Correct me if i'm wrong senpais.

i7 980x 6 cores 12 threads 4.8ghz :) it goes into the house of amd and takes a dump in the front lawn.

I don't mean to laugh but  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: your title made me laugh and then how you expressed your issue and your avatar just made me laugh.

Are you sure you have your PCIe set to gen 3?

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I don't mean to laugh but  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: your title made me laugh and then how you expressed your issue and your avatar just made me laugh.

does it even have a gen 3 ??? its first gen i7 when i had my old msi gtx 770 i use to get 2300 on valley 

An i7 980X doesn't have PCI-E gen 3

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

An i7 980X doesn't have PCI-E gen 3

Yeah....i meant x16 meaning is the PCIe slot the correct one

still does not explain why an overclocked r9 290 gets only 1800max vs my old gtx 770 got 2300 same settings

I assume that you have all the correct drivers for your new GPU right?

Yeah....i meant x16 meaning is the PCIe slot the correct one

I assume that you have all the correct drivers for your new GPU right?

yeah its in the correct slot look at my avatar, 

and yeah updated to all new beta drivers and tested with not beta drivers same result 

i payed for a r9 290 im getting a 7970

I see your problem, you purchased a AMD product. Kekkekekkee lmao jking (but not really)

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

yeah its in the correct slot look at my avatar, 

and yeah updated to all new beta drivers and tested with not beta drivers same result 

i payed for a r9 290 im getting a 7970

I can't look at your avatar because it makes me laugh too much as you that face look like if that person is really saying it....and please don't tell me it is because then i won't be able to respond to this topic for fear of dying of laughter.

Maybe something is wrong with the GPU but even that would be strange.....what GPU is this.....XFX, MSI, ASUS what? Can you give a model number?

I can't look at your avatar because it makes me laugh too much as you that face look like if that person is really saying it....and please don't tell me it is because then i won't be able to respond to this topic for fear of dying of laughter.

Maybe something is wrong with the GPU but even that would be strange.....what GPU is this.....XFX, MSI, ASUS what? Can you give a model number?

SAPPHIRE R9 290 reference 

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/15/03/26/2p4.png

SAPPHIRE R9 290 reference 

you sure it didn't throttle due to heat. I know there was a problem in the early stages regarding the BIOS that cause unnecessary throttling and there were new BIOS put up for people to flash there 290 to solve the problem and the reports were that it did fix the problem. You may want to contact Sapphire.

you sure it didn't throttle due to heat. I know there was a problem in the early stages regarding the BIOS that cause unnecessary throttling and there were new BIOS put up for people to flash there 290 to solve the problem and the reports were that it did fix the problem. You may want to contact Sapphire.

the temps are normal can you send me the link where i can find the bios i will flash it :) but it cant be because gpu is 98% 99% when playing games

the temps are normal can you send me the link where i can find the bios i will flash it :) but it cant be because gpu is 98% 99% when playing games

i just checked valley 100% no drops

i just checked valley 100% no drops

Don't just do a BIOS update right away, contact sapphire first to see if it isn't just maybe a bad GPU or if they put out a BIOS....i know for a fact that Gigabyte had put out many revisions to fix the issues of the throttling as i worked on a 290 for a customer late last year.

Don't just do a BIOS update right away, contact sapphire first to see if it isn't just maybe a bad GPU or if they put out a BIOS....i know for a fact that Gigabyte had put out many revisions to fix the issues of the throttling as i worked on a 290 for a customer late last year.

but the thing is its not throttling :/

but the thing is its not throttling :/

Right so check with sapphire.

I just did a quick run with my 760 at stock and this is what i got

post-3854-0-17387400-1427403017_thumb.pn

Right so check with sapphire.

I just did a quick run with my 760 at stock and this is what i got

attachicon.gifValley 1.0.png

will they be open at this time.

Use their support page on their site.

Or you could join there forum and lay your issues there and see if you get an answer.

Or you could join there forum and lay your issues there and see if you get an answer.

last thing do you think r9 290 will BN by the i7 980x @4.8ghz