Good Mouse for 50$ or Less

ccm1270

Then you should get a Zowie EC1-A/B and then enjoy the quality and amazingness.

i use deathadder tho. i bought it on some online store that doing a 60 seconds sale. soo everything is only 1$ and they only got razer product. i bought 1 deathadder, 1 blackwidow, a samsung TV, a fridge, a dish washer, and a washing machine. all that item and the shipping cost is more than the item i paid xD

i use deathadder tho. i bought it on some online store that doing a 60 seconds sale. soo everything is only 1$ and they only got razer product. i bought 1 deathadder, 1 blackwidow, a samsung TV, a fridge, a dish washer, and a washing machine. all that item and the shipping cost is more than the item i paid xD

Geezus I'll take a Deathadder for a freaking dollar, I seriously would. And a TV? Fridge? Geezus, show me where this is.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

roccat kone military pure isnt hard to find on sale for around $45

i second this, its on sale now. Also gigabyte and thermaltake have some decent cheap mice, only got to play with them for a few minutes :(

The Deathadder has quality only a used Mad Catz product from 2006 could rival. It's lighter than air since the body is largely cheap plastic. The sensor isn't as good as the Zowie EC1's sensor.

Dat blind hatred.

Dat blind hatred.

I don't blindly hate, I base it off of build quality and the sheer number of people who complain about the newer ones breaking all the time.

Just to mention it again, EC1 is a redesign of the DA 3G by the same company and probably even the same guy, it also comes with hardware from 2007.

Not necessarily a bad thing though. Older Deathadders are more reliable it would seem and hardware in mice from 2007 isn't necessarily a bad thing either. My mom's G400 is about that old and is still working fine having never been used on a mousemat (wood, actually). 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Not necessarily a bad thing though. Older Deathadders are more reliable it would seem and hardware in mice from 2007 isn't necessarily a bad thing either. My mom's G400 is about that old and is still working fine having never been used on a mousemat (wood, actually). 

It would seem so, but it doesnt, EC1 suffers from the same designproblems as DA3G/3.5G, like the sensitive right click, creaking top shell, Button Pretravel, and as any other mouse it can develop doubleclicks as well despite the high debounce time, newer MCU´s also sync better with USB Controllers, Zowie mice are also not flashable, so no FW Updates, and then there have been all the Coating issues in the past.

Also worthy of mentioning is the fact that Zowie never updates their mice technically if they arent forced to do so because a part has gone EOL, that goes so far to not use SROM updates.

Edit:

MSRP is also far too high given featureset and components, and no, lower sale numbers have nothing to do with that.

Edit 2:

And Razer is one of the few brands who actually drive the market forward, without them there would have been no 3090 and 3988(and subsequently 3310) for example.

It would seem so, but it doesnt, EC1 suffers from the same designproblems as DA3G/3.5G, like the sensitive right click, creaking top shell, Button Pretravel, and as any other mouse it can develop doubleclicks as well despite the high debounce time, newer MCU´s also sync better with USB Controllers, Zowie mice are also not flashable, so no FW Updates, and then there have been all the Coating issues in the past.

Also worthy of mentioning is the fact that Zowie never updates their mice technically if they arent forced to do so because a part has gone EOL, that goes so far to not use SROM updates.

I don't like the button pretravel either, and the newest Deathadder feels like a marshmallow until you hear that click. Also, what really is the benefit of having flashable firmware if what's given at the factory is decent? And wasn't the stuff about the coating an issue with the eVo, which they fixed?

And Zowie should get that together. 

I still see competitive gamers use the FK all the time though, so it is still a go-to brand of mine for gaming mice. 

I still see competitive gamers use the FK all the time though, so it is still a go-to brand of mine for gaming mice. 

Using competitive gamers isnt a good example, for reasons you probably know, i was forced to use many brands up till now, would i recommend each product i used? OFC not. Also some actually moved back to their old mice after having used Zowie´s. I use DA Chroma because i prefer the 3988 and the lower debounce times, its not perfect but the best compromise i currently have.

Also, what really is the benefit of having flashable firmware if what's given at the factory is decent?

I wouldnt call unstable polling rate like the evo had "decent", it was mostly fixed with the 3310 versions because 3310 has an internal oscillator, and syncing can still be improved, not to mention SROM updates.

And Zowie should get that together. 

They already have everything together, selling mice with high msrp while using relatively cheap components and putting minimal effort into it, they have developed into something that is even worse than SS.

They already have everything together, selling mice with high msrp while using relatively cheap components and putting minimal effort into it, they have developed into something that is even worse than SS.

Sounds a bit like.... erhm... Razer...

Well, probably most gaming mice companies these days TBH. I like Logitech a lot, though I don't see a whole lot else out there that has absolutely top-notch build quality.

Sounds a bit like.... erhm... Razer...

Well then, lets compare EC1-A and DA Chroma.

EC1 uses Huanos, which are cheaper than Omrons, Chroma uses 3988, which is more expensive than 3310, EC1-A uses Cypress CY7C64215 which is from 2007, has less "power" and memory than Chromas

Freescale MC9S08JM32, and is cheaper ofc, EC1-A uses a simplified Design of the DA 3G, which is overall cheaper to produce than Chroma, Internals of Chroma look cleaner than the ones from the EC1-A and last but not least the Zowie comes without any Configuration Software.

Well then, lets compare EC1-A and DA Chroma.

EC1 uses Huanos, which are cheaper than Omrons, Chroma uses 3988, which is more expensive than 3310, EC1-A uses Cypress CY7C64215 which is from 2007, has less "power" and memory than Chromas

Freescale MC9S08JM32, and is cheaper ofc, EC1-A uses a simplified Design of the DA 3G, which is overall cheaper to produce than Chroma, Internals of Chroma look cleaner than the ones from the EC1-A and last but not least the Zowie comes without any Configuration Software.

The last bit I personally think is a good thing, but maybe that's just me.

Any idea when a revision of the EC1 will happen?

At only $12 more, The G502 has the best sensor on the market currently and is generally accepted as the best gaming mouse. I wish it was slightly larger though as I have large hands. :/

post-199458-0-53061700-1427416542.png