Disable Help for F1 Key Only?

I have one simple issue that has been driving me nuts recently.

I have a new HP Win8.1 Laptop that i love. The F1 - F12 Keys are all bound to functions such as brightness, volume, Media etc.,  almost all of which I use. They are great. However, the F1 Key drives me insane. In many games, When I go to press Esc for whatever reason, I can miss or accidentally hit F1. This usually minimizes the game and takes me out of it, which is extremely annoying.

All I want to do is disable or rebind the F1 key. I dont want to disable all the F row functions, Just F1. Soluntions?

Thanks.

"We are not defined by the lives we are forced to live, but by the choices we are free to make"

best solution but clearly not the easiest for you is to learn where the keys are. Typing practice son! drill those keys into your skull. I use to have the same issue with the windows key but just practice for a couple days and got use to avoiding it. 

best solution but clearly not the easiest for you is to learn where the keys are. Typing practice son! drill those keys into your skull. I use to have the same issue with the windows key but just practice for a couple days and got use to avoiding it. 

Program the windows key to something else? Windows lock?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

This is an ongoing issue. I have had this laptop for several months. Esc and F1 are right near each other and both are small. I am a proficient typer, and I do not have this issue on other keyboards because of their layout seperating F1 and esc.

All I want is to be able to disable or rebind the key. Thank you for the advice, but this does not answer my question.

"We are not defined by the lives we are forced to live, but by the choices we are free to make"

Program the windows key to something else? Windows lock?

How might I do this?

This happens to me all the time to. Simply I just go to the BIOS and disable the media keys, so that F1 is actually F1 and F2 is F2 and not Help or Brightness down. Honestly, yeah, your losing the functionality to your media keys, but, if you didn't know already you can just hold/press the FN key to re-enable media-keys for one time, which is what I do. Thats the only way I know of..

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

This happens to me all the time to. Simply I just go to the BIOS and disable the media keys, so that F1 is actually F1 and F2 is F2 and not Help or Brightness down. Honestly, yeah, your losing the functionality to your media keys, but, if you didn't know already you can just hold/press the FN key to re-enable action-keys for one time, which is what I do. Thats the only way I know of..

I use the media keys every day, all the time, on the fly, this is not something I am willing to sacrifice.. Like I said, I only want to change F1, not any other key. The F1 - F12 keys serve no purpose to me in their original state.

Just download a program to remap keys. before I practiced avoiding the win key I did it and it was fine. I forget the name of it but I originally found it to use macros on a normal mechanical keyboard. It was just a remapping program and I used it for gaming and didn't notice any type of performance issues while gaming.