1000 Dollar Laptop

Froste

My mom is in need of a new laptop for work for around 1000 (US) dollars. It must be light, sturdy, nice looking, fast, and have a nice large touchpad as thats pretty much all she uses... It doesnt by any means have to be a gaming laptop (although it would be nice if it can run some basic games every once and a while.) Im thinking about maybe the dell xps 13 or the Asus Zenbook UX303.

Any advice is much appreciates, Thanks Ben.

I thought about getting her a mac, but she has been using a bulky old dell for years so I think that windows is best.

I'd splurge on that XPS 13.

Guilty of building a PC that is more powerful than necessary... No ragrets.

I'd splurge on that XPS 13.

What do you mean by spl- never mind. Yeah the xps 13 looks nice and can run games every now and again.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

What do you mean by spl- never mind. Yeah the xps 13 looks nice and can run games every now and again.

Oh, you know  :D

The size and price for performance is pretty solid on that XPS though. I'm a big Dell fan, naturally I want one lol

How much of a preformance upgrade in the more expensive dell xps model, or is it just a screen upgrade for like 600 more >.<

How much of a performance upgrade in the more expensive dell xps model, or is it just a screen upgrade for like 600 more >.<

The $999.99 model will have the same performance as the $1,299.99 model. If your mom does work with editing software, she may find the top-tier model a little more appealing. 

Chromebook pixel? If all she needs is a web browser and a word processor... ;)

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Chromebook pixel? If all she needs is a web browser and a word processor... ;)

that is way too much for a chrombook

does she mind if it has a gaming look or naw?

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply