Windows 7 is bitter?

Shaqo_Wyn

So is it just in my head or does Windows, specifically Windows 7 Home Premium shut down certain components if you fail to do certain updates fast enough.

It has happened a few times that if I take too long to restart for update installs certain things stop working. 

This time it was my USB ports as they didn't want to recognize my external HDD (after the install it works fine again).

Usually it's my wifi adapter that stops working until I update.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

So is it just in my head or does Windows, specifically Windows 7 Home Premium shut down certain components if you fail to do certain updates fast enough.

It has happened a few times that if I take too long to restart for update installs certain things stop working. 

This time it was my USB ports as they didn't want to recognize my external HDD (after the install it works fine again).

My Laptop w/ Windows 7 tends to hate me too if I don't update fast enough for it.

Bastard.

But I think it's for the best. I mean, the problems vanish after an update, and sometimes update close up security holes etc, so I can guess that Microsoft WANTS to force you to do it.

It's probably this way too on 8/8.1 (If you have 8, destroy it. If you have 8.1, get 7 or 10 :P)

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

they dont work because the updates are there to make em work

I've faced the exact situation before, and you faced it too it seems.

It's just that, the update install wasn't that much successful it seems or there's a hdd error in your system. consider scanning your pc to see if there's anything and use the recovery disc to speed it up and refresh it. mostly refreshing the windows 7 does the trick.

The thing about windows 7 and windows 8,8.1 is that they lack alot of security to be true. Windows 7 is still alot better in terms of security than the other two . and microsoft has realized this and windows 10 would be a sole focus to that security issue as well. all in all. don't update too much take your time to update and do it successfully. sometimes these things happens. :))

they dont work because the updates are there to make em work

Yeah, I get that. I also get that they close up security holes sometimes but they were working for months before the update...

So surely, my USB ports didn't just work this morning and break down this evening without some "help" right?

My Laptop w/ Windows 7 tends to hate me too if I don't update fast enough for it.

Bastard.

But I think it's for the best. I mean, the problems vanish after an update, and sometimes update close up security holes etc, so I can guess that Microsoft WANTS to force you to do it.

It's probably this way too on 8/8.1 (If you have 8, destroy it. If you have 8.1, get 7 or 10 :P)

Curse you Microsoooooooft. :P 

Windows 8 should be killed with fire, I fear I might have to get 8.1 with the new rig though. Unless 10 turns out to be super magical.

Curse you Microsoooooooft. :P

Windows 8 should be killed with fire, I fear I might have to get 8.1 with the new rig though. Unless 10 turns out to be super magical.

Oftenly, Microsoft creates divinity once, failes once, creates once...

For example:

Windows XP

Windows Vista

Windows 7

Windows 8

Possibly Windows 10

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

I've got an update queued. Watch out @Shaqo_Wyn, don't let your guard down.

EDIT: fixed #Member

EDIT: fixed the #Member to literally go @someonecalledmember

EDIT: didn't fix it, made it worse. Oh god. Lets use # instead of @

Basic guide to CPU's!

I've got an update queued. Watch out @Shaqo_Wyn, don't let your guard down.

EDIT: fixed #Member

EDIT: fixed the #Member to literally go @someonecalledmember

EDIT: didn't fix it, made it worse. Oh god. Lets use # instead of @

Oftenly, Microsoft creates divinity once, failes once, creates once...

For example:

Windows XP

Windows Vista

Windows 7

Windows 8

Possibly Windows 10

Haha, well here's to hoping Microsoft sticked to their schedule. :)

Haha, well here's to hoping Microsoft sticked to their schedule. :)

They better do it :P

Windows 10 could be good, with nice Xone features but not like Windows 8 was like BUY A TOUCHSCREEN CAUSE TOUCHSCREEN ARE AWESOME. More like, If you have an Xbox one, you get treated with extra features, if you don't, than fine.

Which is a good thing.

Let's commence the burning for Windows 8.

I mean, like there was a guy in my class, who said that "touchscreens are the future", and I asked why, and he said that in the future everyone would have glass-manufactured touchscreen keyboards.

And it was the dumbest idea I ever heard.

Microsoft. Don't do it.

Basic guide to CPU's!

wrong post, lol

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

I mean, like there was a guy in my class, who said that "touchscreens are the future", and I asked why, and he said that in the future everyone would have glass-manufactured touchscreen keyboards.

And it was the dumbest idea I ever heard.

Microsoft. Don't do it.

Haha, whuuut. Not while mechanical keyboards are a thing. I wonder if anything will ever replace those for enthusiasts. They'd have to be pretty revolutionary and even easier to use IMO.

Haha, whuuut. Not while mechanical keyboards are a thing. I wonder if anything will ever replace those for enthusiasts. They'd have to be pretty revolutionary and even easier to use IMO.

I would just be pressing those buttons on accident every second, and there's no fkn feedback.

And listening to opera would break your keyboard.

Let's hope Alternative Rock and Metal doesn't break it.

Basic guide to CPU's!

wrong post, lol

I am the derail god.

Have I told you over our Lord and Savior Gaben?

Basic guide to CPU's!