Which is the best, HTC one m9 or Samsung Galaxy s6

After using both, I personally think the M9, from both a construction, comfort, speed and UI aspect. The S6 feels slightly too delicate to my liking, with how thin it is and the glass rear with protruding camera. The M9, whilst it doesn't have as good a camera, is far easier to hold as it's rounded as well as being a bit thicker and heavier, giving some assurity in the hand. The S6 looks great, but not as good as the M9. Also the S6 edge is very interesting but looks like the first time you drop it that screen is going to shatter, no matter how strong they tell you it is, it's a severe weak point. Also, touchwiz is barely any different. It's still slower than sense and lags noticeably on fairly basic tasks whilst sense 7 on the M9 flies and didn't put a foot wrong when using it.

This is all subjective opinions from using both one after the other for around 10 minutes each in my local phone store, but from that I was able to discern the above comments and a little more.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

HTC M9 looks like another incremental update over the M7 and M8 -- it is  slightly thicker, practically has the same screen as before, same speakers.. the only real change is the rear facing camera; I know that it's good to stick to something that is great and works but how long is HTC going to fool people into buying almost the same phone, time and time again!?! 

My vote goes for the S6 and the S6 Edge. 

i7 4790K - MSI XPower Z97 AC - 32GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Sabranco - ASUS Strix GTX 980 SLI - ASUS Xonar Essence - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - RoG Swift + Samsung 28" 4k UHD - Logitech Z906 5.1 - Custom Water Cooling Loop

Mobile: Samsung S8 Plus | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X / ASUS Strix Pro | Laptop: Alienware 17 R2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I was a HTC regular over the last years. I had the original HTC Desire, the One X, the One m7 and the One m8. But when I saw the first Videos about the m9 and it's ugly bottom bezel. I was full of it! Until Lollipop I absolutely loved Sense. After the Update the quick settings look just like crap, seriously HTC get it together! Design was once your strongpoint!

I would have bought the m9 in a Heart Beat when it actually looked like this concept renderer:

HTC-One-M9-renders---this-phone-is-on-fi

After the HTC presentation I saw the Samsung presentation and I immediately knew that I want the S6. 

I bought my S6 on Friday and I'm really impressed with the build quality. It certainly didn't feel like a step down. The only Issues I most care of right now are:

• The remains of Touchwiz. Yes it has been dialed down and you can spot material design in various locations. But really Samsung, you still are using this bright blue and green colors for the notification drop down??? I love the notification draw of stock Lollipop I hope Samsung gets rid of it's own draw but I doubt that.
    (Yes I know there are themes. But the available themes don't look that nice. Plus I don't want those weirdly shaped icons. I wish it had the same configurability as the cyanogen theme engine, where I can mix themes)
  • Every once in a while the UI stutters. This is not because the Processor hasn't enough performance. It's because the CPU is clocked down to enhance battery life. Until the clock speed has been increased it will stutter and I hate even the slightest stutters. On rooted devices you are able to change the CPU governor to performance which solves these stutters for the most parts and the battery life didn't suffer noticeable on my OnePlus One, when I tried it. If Samsung only would have made the battery bigger. It could be thicker so the camera would sit flush. this would enable them to run a more performance orientated CPU governor. 
  • Gripping the device is kinda difficult. The glass back feels good but is very slippery so I really fear dropping it. I put a dbrand skin on mine, which definitely helps but the matte white looks kinda boring.

BTW: the S6 is my first device with DDR 4. Suc* it PC :D