HTC one m9, worth it?

So after my awful time with my nokia lumia 930 (mainly because of windows phone), i wanted to switch to android and the one m9 seemed very compelling. However the reviews have been a bit disappointing.

So would the HTC one m9 still be a good choice. Or would something else be a better option?

Generally I am looking for a top range smartphone with at least a 12MP camera, excellent display (amoled preferred), expandable storage and overall a good look. Front facing speakers would also be nice since this was one of the biggest problems with my lumia

So after my awful time with my nokia lumia 980 (mainly because of windows phone), i wanted to switch to android and the one m9 seemed very compelling. However the reviews have been a bit disappointing.

So would the HTC one m9 still be a good choice. Or would something else like the LG G3 be a better option?

Uhh. the One M9 is not out yet so we don't know yet.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

So after my awful time with my nokia lumia 980 (mainly because of windows phone), i wanted to switch to android and the one m9 seemed very compelling. However the reviews have been a bit disappointing.

So would the HTC one m9 still be a good choice. Or would something else like the LG G3 be a better option?

I personally hate the g3 so even though the m9 is not out yet I'm sure as hell it's better. Sorry this is a very biased opinion

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

I have a 1+1 and love it, so I suggest going off contract!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I'd take S6 over M9 tbh.

I'd take the Nexus 5/6, Oneplus One, MotoX over both though. :P

From what I've seen so far, the One M9 looks like a really great phone. 

The LG G3 seems ok, but personally I really wouldn't get the S6 when it launches, because of THE PRICE, and, from my experience, Samsung phones are really not good at all. Had an S4 Mini which used to overheat all the time, and my current device, an S5, which overheats, has some ugly scratches on the screen that I don't even know how they appeared, has a bent volume rocker just by normally using it, and the list goes on.

Other good choices are Nexus 6 or 5 if you can find one, Moto X 2014, Droid Turbo, and some other flagship phones.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

Generally I am looking for a top range smartphone with excellent display, expandable storage and overall a good look

Hello. I've had Android phones since their original "Droid: Inception by HTC and lemme tell you..having a removable/replaceable/upgradable battery is such a boon..Ive had the Galaxy Note 2 for nearly 3 years now [will be 3 about when the Note 5 comes out later this year] and im actually considering NOT buying Samsung because theyre chasing Apple to much and getting rid of the removable battery. I replaced my battery with a ZeroLemon one thats 3 times the capacity..I can go nearly 2 days on a full charge which is unheard of in this day and age. Also some phones with no removable back cover [like the 1M8 doesnt] dont have microSD card slots so thats terrible.

My suggestion? Wait for the M9 to actually release, then wait a lil longer for the LG G4 Note to come out within the next 2-3 months.

ALSO: I forgot to mention the M8 and M9 both require this stupid little tool [like the Iphone needs to access the sIM card] Buddy of mine has the M8 and hates it. Lost the tool now he cant use the slot until he buys a new tool -_-

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Generally I am looking for a top range smartphone with excellent display, expandable storage and overall a good look

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/333417-htc-one-m9-review-by-technobuffalo/

So after my awful time with my nokia lumia 930 (mainly because of windows phone), i wanted to switch to android and the one m9 seemed very compelling. However the reviews have been a bit disappointing.

So would the HTC one m9 still be a good choice. Or would something else be a better option?

Generally I am looking for a top range smartphone with at least a 12MP camera, excellent display (amoled preferred), expandable storage and overall a good look. Front facing speakers would also be nice since this was one of the biggest problems with my lumia

The M9 has an LCD display... And right now it seems to be your only option. But you have to wait untilit comes out. If you're fine with a 4MP camera but with larger pixels you can get the M8, which is till a very good device.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Don't, the M9 turned out to be a fail.

If you're OK with a decent-at-best camera, then yea, it's a good phone. 

The M9 is also really fast. It’s got Qualcomm’s new flagship Snapdragon 810 processor and 3GB of RAM, which means I almost never have to wait for an app to open or for the homescreen to redraw itself. This isn’t to say the M8 was slow — it wasn’t by any means — but the M9 bring a whole new level of speed. It’s easily the fastest Android phone I’ve used. That speed also comes with efficiency: the battery is slightly larger in the M9 than in the M8 and it consistently went all day on a single charge. It won’t last for more than a day off of the charger as larger phablets with their even bigger batteries can, but if you’re used to charging your phone every night anyways, it’ll easily get the job done. >> http://www.theverge.com/2015/3/22/8272727/htc-one-m9-review

The only problems with it is that it's too alike to the M8 and the camera is still shit, especially in comparison to something on the level of an iPhone 6.

ef4ef46361f1c9bfd1ed880e891910b1.png

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Currently the early reviews are saying it is a bit of a dud in some areas. I have an M7 and love it, but the M9 gives me no reason to upgrade.

http://anandtech.com/show/9102/the-htc-one-m9-review-part-1

http://www.cnet.com/products/htc-one-m9-review/

Holding out and hoping HTC still plans the rumored M9+ http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m9+-6977.php and changes it with M9 reviews in mind.

You might be better off waiting for LG G4 or Sony Xperia Z4 depending on those annoucements.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

Thank you for all of your views. I have been deciding between getting the s6 or wait for the LG G4, but that does mean I'll be stuck with my lumia for a couple more months. But after reading the issues people had with samsung phones I Will probably wait for the G4 and hope I can still sell my current phone at that time.