Intel i3

im totally confused 

so does the intel i3 bottleneck the gtx 970 and how much?

which is the best motherboard for a Intel i3 ?

how much performance diffrence is there between the non overclocked intel i5 and intel i3

which is the best mobo for intel i5 4460

first of all what i3?

My Red/Black rig: CM Storm Trooper Window - i5 4690K - Asus GTX 980 Strix DCU - Asus VII Formula z97 - Corsair H100i - 16GB Vengeance pro 2400MHz -Samsung 850 Pro 256GB(os) - Seagate barracuda 2TB - crucial BX200 250GB SSD - Cooler Master v850.----  Dell XPS 13: i5-5500u - 256GB SSD - 8GB DDR3L.

Its not that bad.

Not my video btw , just a random video i found online.

im impressed it only 10 fps to 8 fps difference 

If considering the top i3, i would totally hold on and wait till you can get the i5 4460.

IMO it's a lot of performance for not a lot of money.

When in doubt: C4

the most powerfull is 4370, it beats some i5's in gaming, i have 4160 and works just fine with 970

which mobo do u have

Your misusing the term 'bottleneck'

No a i3 wont 'bottleneck' a 970, but you'll still see performance gains from going to a better CPU.

If you shift your priorities to an overclockable i5 with a decent cooler and a 960 you'll get a more rounded 1080p gaming experience.

I guess you mean the i3 4160? It will but not much, still I would reccomend a i5 4460.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

1.An i3 won't bottleneck the 970 that much, however the combo is rather unbalanced. I'm pretty sure that a locked i5 with an r9 290 would cost somewhat the same (since the 290 is cheaper) and be much more balanced.
2. For an i3 I would get either an h81 or h97. However I recommend getting a core i3 4130 and an h81 board since the two are compatible out of the box without worrying about updating the bios.
3.In some games the difference can be rather large (20% or more).
4.h97. However I would recommend getting the i5 4440 with an h81 board and with the saved money you can get a better gpu. This is because the i5 4440 will run without a doubt on an h81 board while the i5 4460 is a haswell refresh cpu meaning that there is a risk that it won't work on the h81 board out of the box.
Side note : Don't get the most powerful i3. It is overpriced and there is literally no difference in gaming between it and a cheaper i3 (like a core i3 4130/4150).

i3 and GTX 970 for 1080p is unbalanced and the card will not work to it's full potential in MANY games...anyone saying otherwise hasnt monitored his GPU loads in games.

I did tested the core i3 @ 3.4ghz with my GTX 780 playing modern games and the CPU is simply not enough in some AAA titles.

A core i5-4460 and R9 290/290X would be more suited, and should cost about the same.

Motherboard recommendation: Cheap H97 board from a reputable manufacturer, go cheap.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR