Does raid 0 really improve loading times in games?

I've been looking into raid 0 and I just want to know if its really worth it.  I was told that raid 0 will decrease loading times in game by a massive amount.  if so, whats a good pair of ssd's for this function?  Like would I woant 2 850 ssd evos?  and also how much gigs do I need for raid 0?  is 256 enough?  I would definitely like really fast load times.  That sounds EPIC!! 

My son's computer (specs are in my profile) has RAID0 and it's not a massive difference. Benchmarks are though.

I've been looking into raid 0 and I just want to know if its really worth it.  I was told that raid 0 will decrease loading times in game by a massive amount.  if so, whats a good pair of ssd's for this function?  Like would I woant 2 850 ssd evos?  and also how much gigs do I need for raid 0?  is 256 enough?  I would definitely like really fast load times.  That sounds EPIC!! 

IT wont be that much faster I dont think. There really is no point in using RAID compared to single SSD

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

SO not much faster in gaming?  So basically it just makes your computer start up in like 10 seconds?  and..................   thats it???

SO not much faster in gaming?  So basically it just makes your computer start up in like 10 seconds?  and..................   thats it???

Don't mix up comparing RAID0 to a hard drive.

An SSD has incredible benefits beyond just boot time, but the performance difference between one SSD and two in RAID0 is not linear.

Ehh.. Not entirely accurate.

Unless you are in an enterprise situation there isnt, but in normal consumer uses it is definitely not much better

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

So for my "gaming only build" it would be a waste of money?  I jsut wanna make sure im not spending an extra $200 for ssd's if theres not a big difference.  thanks for the responses guys.  

It only works for sequential read/writes. Random will take just as long. Games usually load multiple different small files, so it wont help too much. Of course this is game dependent though.

SSD RAID 0 is not really noticeable at all unless you're doing huge file transfers between SSDs. And then your source or target drive better be at least as fast as your RAID 0 SSDs to begin with or they'll just end up being the limiting factor instead.

I just love this video...

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

So for my "gaming only build" it would be a waste of money? I jsut wanna make sure im not spending an extra $200 for ssd's if theres not a big difference. thanks for the responses guys.

I'd recommend one large SSD.

I accidentally pulled the plug on my kid's computer and the motherboard forgot that the two drives were in raid. After about 10 minutes of panic and re-setting the array, all was fine. No data loss. (It's backed up any way, though.) So having that in the back of my mind is dreary.

Plus, depending on your motherboard, the boot time might not be faster with raid enabled. The raid controller on his z87 board initializes with its own splash screen. It's not slow, but it's not as fast as a single drive would be.

Load times for video games won't be that different. In-game or otherwise. Maybe a second or two. I've been considering putting the 1TB Evo back in.