CPUs hurt my brain.

Both very similar with in game performance. I would suggest the 8350 at that price. Plus, AMD boards tend to be cheaper for similar features. :)

Both very similar with in game performance. I would suggest the 8350 at that price. Plus' date=' AMD boards tend to be cheaper for similar features. :)[/quote']

i notticed that , the republic of gamers amd board is like 35% cheaper than the z77 verson.

what kind of temps do you get out of an 8350?

In my opinion, it is worth the extra 30 dollars for Intel quality, 30 dollars is a very small difference in the long run. That isn't to say that the AMD chip isn't a good value, I just prefer the consistent experience with Intel and their products.

what kind of temps do you get out of an 8350?
What kind of cooler are you thinking?

Amd CPUs tend to be a little cooler. 3570s run hot

I was just curious, although I didn't think the 3570 were that hot. While overclocking I heard that they have a higher temperature curve but were quite cool when stock.

3570k for 230 8350 for 200. I am a gamer. Which one is better?

If you have a pic-e 3.0 GPU or plain on getting one, the 3570k would be a better choice. Other then that both the 8350 and the 3570k are very similar when it comes to gaming

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

If you have a pic-e 3.0 GPU or plain on getting one' date=' the 3570k would be a better choice. Other then that both the 8350 and the 3570k are very similar when it comes to gaming[/quote']

Whilst this is true, the difference between PCIe 3.0 and 2.0 is so negligible it shouldn't really sway him, in my opinion.

3570s don't run hot, they just run hotter than 2500s.

The 3570 is better for games. AMD and Intel can be relatively equal in GPU-bound games, but if you're playing something where the CPU makes a difference, then the difference is noticeable. If you have a 120hz monitor though, definitely go for the 3570.

If you have a pic-e 3.0 GPU or plain on getting one' date=' the 3570k would be a better choice. Other then that both the 8350 and the 3570k are very similar when it comes to gaming[/quote'] Whilst this is true, the difference between PCIe 3.0 and 2.0 is so negligible it shouldn't really sway him, in my opinion.

That is very true, pci-e 3.0 does have little impact over 2.0 but I do like the fact that on 3.0 if you do SLI or Crossfire the second slot will run at at X8 witch is equal to pci-e 2.0 at X16. other then that there really is no difference at all

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

If you have a pic-e 3.0 GPU or plain on getting one' date=' the 3570k would be a better choice. Other then that both the 8350 and the 3570k are very similar when it comes to gaming[/quote'] Whilst this is true, the difference between PCIe 3.0 and 2.0 is so negligible it shouldn't really sway him, in my opinion.

There are a few things that mean I am swapping to intel.

In the long run a lot more premium products come out for intel. Compare the Maximus V to the Crosshair V. With the Maximus the half expect you to be watercooled.

That is not to say that AMD is a waste of money. I have been using AMD cpus my whole life and have never had an issue with them.

However, if you look at the graphs you will always be getting more frames with intel so you feel a bit cheated using an AMD cpu.

If you do go with the Pile Driver get an ASUS Crosshair Formula mobo. I have been using my IV for a long time and it has certainly lived up to itself. It has never let me down or disappointed me in any way.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

3570K... if you're in the U.S. you could probably get a 3570K for <$215. Have a microcenter? even better. Get yourself a 3570K + Z77 board from them

Both very similar with in game performance. I would suggest the 8350 at that price. Plus, AMD boards tend to be cheaper for similar features. :)
Based on the single threaded performance of the 3570k, I would expect a lot of games to run better on it. You won't be using 8 threads, if you are gaming, so going for a 3570k is probably the better choice, not to mention power consumption and other factors.

Most of the reviews I have seen show the Core i5 performing better than the FX-8350 in most games. The Tek Syndicate review differs, but they did test games that I have no seen tested by other reviewers. I'm not sure what happened with that review.

In my opinion, it is worth the extra 30 dollars for Intel quality, 30 dollars is a very small difference in the long run. That isn't to say that the AMD chip isn't a good value, I just prefer the consistent experience with Intel and their products.
I've never heard of any issues with AMD QC.

That is very true, pci-e 3.0 does have little impact over 2.0 but I do like the fact that on 3.0 if you do SLI or Crossfire the second slot will run at at X8 witch is equal to pci-e 2.0 at X16. other then that there really is no difference at all

If you are running more than two graphics cards on an 1155 chip without a PLX switch, PCIe 3.0 will provide a bit of a boost.

I would go for the amd one since the AMD boards (and CPU's) are cheaper and espacially the Board got better features like the most intel boards got less SATA 6GB/s then some much cheaper AMD one.. Also you wouldn't be depressed if the prices drop because you've bought it soo cheap that it wouldn't matter :D

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

Like my favorite board that I do not wish to pay so much for lol. The GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP7 has PLX on it but it is $399.99 oh yeah baby :)

If you are going to be using this machine primarily for gaming, I would recommend the Intel i5 3570k. I recommend this, as Intel has chosen to stick with a true core design. The CPU is much more efficient. Although Intel motherboards cost a little bit more, they may have less SATA3 6Gbps has someone pointed out in this thread, which isn't really needed. As long as you don't have more than four SSD's it's not going to really matter. SSD's will take full advantage of the 6Gbps speeds, and HDD's haven't got to speeds to exceed 3Gbps. Z77 Motherboards have much more USB3.0 ports, which is always great as more USB3.0 devices are coming along.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Formula RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 2400MHz: GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 780 Ti's with ACX cooling PSU: Corsair AX1200 Watt Gold SSD: SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD (Operating System) SSD: Mushkin Chronos 240GB (Games) Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster ZxR HDD: Seagate 3TB External OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Mouse: Logitech G502 Gaming mouse Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K60 MX Red switches Monitor: ASUS VG248QE 144Hz

This is a good comparison.
It really isn't. I'd love to believe it, but that testing environment is so questionable. Obviously the 8350 will fare better with Xsplit, but aside from that they come up with results that contradict every other hardware site out there and they only test with one GPU, which is bottlenecked, on three odd games (one HL mod, one old game and one semi-obscure indie title).

I'd love to believe the 8350 is some hidden gem, but if they want to overturn the status quo they're going to need a hell of a lot more evidence than three games. I also have to wonder why AMD hasn't said something if their chip's been so misjudged up 'til now.

Neither have I. I'm just saying from my personal experience and opinion I trust Intel and their products, and for a very small overall price difference the OP could get the Intel chip, which is what I would choose.

Here's the basic run down of the differences, performance wise they're very similar.

AMD, cheaper CPU, cheaper mother boards so you can put the cash saved elsewhere. Runs a litt hotter but will excel as soon as you start multitasking so things like streaming and recording or whatever else you have in mind.

intel, a little more expensive so you won't save those few extra bucks. Runs a bit cooler and excels in single tasks,

perfect for everyday gamers . Also has PCIE 3.0 support(only a concern for very high end systems)

overall their benchmarks are very similar and even in their favoured environments your only getting a little variance so in my opinion get whatever is the best deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly just put together two system plans with both and see which one turns out to have the best price and features... Because overall the CPUs are on a fairly equal playing field.

edit: I don't mean actually build I mean pick out all the parts)

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

The G1 Sniper 3 has PLX as well; you only would want the UP7 for LN2 OCing. The UP7 is built in single land bypass mode, so it's not even fully expecting you to go dual GPU.

both are good ones. both OverClocks good(with proper cooling).

i think you should take other factors like the motherboard in to consideration.

right now i would go for a 8350 if i was building a new system. (not going to though. my 2500K @4.7Ghz is more than enough)