CPUs hurt my brain.

3570k for 2308350 for 200.I am a gamer. Which one is better?

What are you currently upgrading from? Something to keep in mind (Correct me if I am wrong) is that the 1155 Socket will be a dead socket soon and will have no future upgrade path when "Haswell" is released as it will be on the 1150 socket. If you can wait, Haswell will be released sometime this June 2013. Also as for AMD's "Steamroller" it will be keeping the AM3+ socket hence you have a future upgrade path.

As far as all the other comments, yes the 3570K has the jump in performance on games.

I currently have a Phonom II x4 955 on a AM3+ board so my logical/cheaper upgrade path would be to get a 8350 and later on if Steamroller has a significant performance over the 8350 I have that option to upgrade.

Thread moved. - Dim

3570k for 230

8350 for 200.

I am a gamer.

Which one is better?

I would go with the intel CPU, it has better performance for gaming.

This is a good comparison.
The follow up video is much better with basically the same platform this time, plus thay are right when they say they are testing for gamers, does anyone really play their games at minimum specs if they don't have to?

This is a good comparison.
CPU benchmarks are done the way they are for a reason. At typical gamer resolutions the CPU is rarely the limiting factor it is almost always GPU. So if you run benchmarks there you aren't really loading the CPU you're loading the GPU. As far as why his results differ I wish I had an answer to that but frankly they did something very, very wrong in their tests. There is no way on this planet a 3570k bottlenecks a 7870 which is what their review implies. It is literally not possible.

the 8350 looks promising

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.