Around £500-£700 upgrade for editing, gaming and streaming/screen recording.

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

• Lots of things. A lot of gaming, serious photo editing (Lightroom mostly, occasionally Photoshop too), occasional video editing - 1080p DSLR video, slow mo 720p video, 4K 30p, using Premiere. I ALWAYS have at least 40+ tabs open in Chrome, and often at least two other browsers open too with a handful of tabs each. I use VM's a fair bit, both for Linux installs and test versions of various Windows builds. As for games, I play CS:GO an awful lot and it MUST run with everything maxed out. I also play Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and the like.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

• Between £500 and £700. I would like to keep it as low as possible, but if I can get a good deal more performance for a bit more money, I'm open to spending closer to the higher end of my budget.

When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

• As soon as possible.

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

• So I would quite like an SSD of a healthy size, I need a hard for programs and games ONLY (I currently have 300GB of games installed and would actually like to have more on hand at all times). I need a motherboard, CPU and cooler, RAM (please advise on how much you think I need, but 8GB is definitely nowhere near enough).

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in?

• Parts will be obtained from the UK.

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

• Corsair 500R possibly (need advice on whether it'd be better to replace the case, or just the bashed up panels), 60GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, and any other parts that will be compatible (see current PC specs at bottom). I'd rather not keep the HDD's as they're both a bit old and tired, but I can do if necessary. Will be reusing my KB, mouse and two iiyama screens. I have six Corsair fans also that will be reused.

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

• Possibly both.

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

• As mentioned above, SSD is preferable. Need CUDA cores as well for rendering purposes, and a reasonable amount of RAM.

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

• Colour theme - black and white. I already have a Corsair 500R, but the panels are a bit bashed, I am considering replacement panels or alternatively a new case. Thoughts?

Do you need a copy of Windows 7 or 8.1 included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference for one or the other?

• No Windows needed, have too many copies already.

Extra info or particulars:

• Current specs are a Pentium G3258, 8GB 1333 DDR3, MSI Z97 PC Mate, 320GB OS Drive, 160GB Steam/games drive, 60GB SSD for games also, and a Corsair 430W PSU iirc.

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

• Lots of things. A lot of gaming, serious photo editing (Lightroom mostly, occasionally Photoshop too), occasional video editing - 1080p DSLR video, slow mo 720p video, 4K 30p, using Premiere. I ALWAYS have at least 40+ tabs open in Chrome, and often at least two other browsers open too with a handful of tabs each. I use VM's a fair bit, both for Linux installs and test versions of various Windows builds. As for games, I play CS:GO an awful lot and it MUST run with everything maxed out. I also play Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and the like.

What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

• Between £500 and £700. I would like to keep it as low as possible, but if I can get a good deal more performance for a bit more money, I'm open to spending closer to the higher end of my budget.

When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

• As soon as possible.

What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

• So I would quite like an SSD of a healthy size, I need a hard for programs and games ONLY (I currently have 300GB of games installed and would actually like to have more on hand at all times). I need a motherboard, CPU and cooler, RAM (please advise on how much you think I need, but 8GB is definitely nowhere near enough).

Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in?

• Parts will be obtained from the UK.

If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

• Corsair 500R possibly (need advice on whether it'd be better to replace the case, or just the bashed up panels), 60GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, and any other parts that will be compatible (see current PC specs at bottom). I'd rather not keep the HDD's as they're both a bit old and tired, but I can do if necessary. Will be reusing my KB, mouse and two iiyama screens. I have six Corsair fans also that will be reused.

Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

• Possibly both.

Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

• As mentioned above, SSD is preferable. Need CUDA cores as well for rendering purposes, and a reasonable amount of RAM.

Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

• Colour theme - black and white. I already have a Corsair 500R, but the panels are a bit bashed, I am considering replacement panels or alternatively a new case. Thoughts?

Do you need a copy of Windows 7 or 8.1 included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference for one or the other?

• No Windows needed, have too many copies already.

Extra info or particulars:

• Current specs are a Pentium G3258, 8GB 1333 DDR3, MSI Z97 PC Mate, 320GB OS Drive, 160GB Steam/games drive, 60GB SSD for games also, and a Corsair 430W PSU iirc.

Your requirements are a bit too high for your price range especially since prices in EU tend to be higher

Ill try to be a bit more detailed:

1. 40k tabs open at once? wtf is wrong with you? i dont think even 32GB of ram could keep all that running smoothly without using virtual memory

2. Maxing out games requires at the minimum a 970 which is out of your budget as it is around 300

3. 4k video editing requires a serious rig which would cost more than 1000 euros

4. An SSD is out of your budget.

5. 4k video editing would be best done with an i7 or xeon processor, anything with hyperthreading which is way out of your budget. 

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

Your requirements are a bit too high for your price range especially since prices in EU tend to be higher

Ill try to be a bit more detailed:

1. 40k tabs open at once? wtf is wrong with you? i dont think even 32GB of ram could keep all that running smoothly without using virtual memory

2. Maxing out games requires at the minimum a 970 which is out of your budget as it is around 300

3. 4k video editing requires a serious rig which would cost more than 1000 euros

4. An SSD is out of your budget.

5. 4k video editing would be best done with an i7 or xeon processor, anything with hyperthreading which is way out of your budget. 

Please bear in mind that this will be an upgrade, not a totally new system. I can reuse things like my motherboard, case, hard drives (from constantly upgrading my server) ect. I have a ton of tabs open because it's used for both 'work and play' so is a necessity. I don't need a serious video editing rig at all, it's occasionally used for video editing, I'd just like the ability to edit as it arises.

EDIT: Anybody fancy humoring me and speccing a rig together and seeing where we are on the budget?

Please bear in mind that this will be an upgrade, not a totally new system. I can reuse things like my motherboard, case, hard drives (from constantly upgrading my server) ect. I have a ton of tabs open because it's used for both 'work and play' so is a necessity. I don't need a serious video editing rig at all, it's occasionally used for video editing, I'd just like the ability to edit as it arises.

EDIT: Anybody fancy humoring me and speccing a rig together and seeing where we are on the budget?

What country are you in? Ill try to put a rig together according to your requirements after that

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

What country are you in? Ill try to put a rig together according to your requirements after that

UK, so I guess PCPartPicker would be the easiest tool to use?

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/TtmksY
Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/TtmksY/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£239.94 @ Aria PC)
Memory: GeIL Black Dragon 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  (£89.27 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£56.34 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X 8GB Video Card  (£299.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Total: £685.14
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-22 22:03 GMT+0000

Chose the 290x more for the gaming.

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/TtmksY

Price breakdown by merchant: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/TtmksY/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£239.94 @ Aria PC)

Memory: GeIL Black Dragon 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  (£89.27 @ Amazon UK)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£56.34 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X 8GB Video Card  (£299.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk)

Total: £685.14

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-22 22:03 GMT+0000

Chose the 290x more for the gaming.

this^ would probably be your best option