Turning the GPU

_SNOWMAN_
Go to solution Solved by slightlyjaded,

So any will work? I noticed the hard ones are all left hand so would face the GPU down. The rear is no problem. I have a small metal shop

Yep, pretty much. If you need it to face up grab the ribbon cable type, and figure out some way to brace it. you don't really want all that weight hanging on the rear I/O

SO I thought it would be cool to have a windowed case but cant stand the sight of the back of the GPU. Didnt really think of that but it was my first PC build. I started looking into ways to turn it so the fans faced out. I came across these cables but not sure what exactly I need or if any will do. This is what im trying to do..... 

Before

eu791m9.jpg

After (quick photoshop hack)

post-115382-0-58546300-1427028159_thumb.

The metal work is no problem. Ill make a plate to go over the slot covers. Maybe even make a plate to fit multiple slot covers in case I need them in the future

me

SO I thought it would be cool to have a windowed case but cant stand the sight of the back of the GPU. Didnt really think of that but it was my first PC build. I started looking into ways to turn it so the fans faced out. I came across these cables but not sure what exactly I need or if any will do. This is what im trying to do..... 

Before

After (quick photoshop hack)

The metal work is no problem. Ill make a plate to go over the slot covers. Maybe even make a plate to fit multiple slot covers in case I need them in the future

PCIe risers are pretty common. either as a hard Pcb, or basic ribbon cable. The only real mod you need is the rear I/O

I suggest you first fix the disgusting rainbow cables by buying some sleeved extensions.

Probably going to be next.... or at the same time. Will most likely get a new PSU

me

I suggest you first fix the disgusting rainbow cables by buying some sleeved extensions.

Probably going to be next.... or at the same time. Will most likely get a new PSU

Yeah if you care about looks (Not a bad thing at all) I'd do that first!

PCIe risers are pretty common. either as a hard Pcb, or basic ribbon cable. The only real mod you need is the rear I/O

So any will work? I noticed the hard ones are all left hand so would face the GPU down. Or maybe im looking in the wrong places. The rear is no problem. I have a small metal shop

me

Ummmm you do know it has to be connected to the PCI slot

that's why risers exist m8

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

So any will work? I noticed the hard ones are all left hand so would face the GPU down. The rear is no problem. I have a small metal shop

Yep, pretty much. If you need it to face up grab the ribbon cable type, and figure out some way to brace it. you don't really want all that weight hanging on the rear I/O

Yea but i would set it like that looks kinda flimsy 

I tend to overdo things. Ill make plenty of support. It seems kinda flimsy the way it is now

me

I tend to overdo things. Ill make plenty of support. It seems kinda flimsy the way it is now

Same here even when i  install a new GPU that is heavy like my new 280x i tend to go over kill on the bolts plus the riser just makes me cringe