Corsair Air 540 Build

TechSilver13

So I upgraded my build today and I figured I would share. I am thinking about painting the Corsair fans gold, not sure though, it kind of matches my sound card and I need to put the heatspreaders back on my g.skill Tridents.

post-6286-0-08563400-1373159911.jpg

post-6286-0-42567700-1373159921.jpg

post-6286-0-31427200-1373159934.jpg

post-6286-0-52758900-1373159942.jpg

Sexy. By the way you got scammed, you didn't get the sound card, mouse, nor memory. I would highly recommend that you obviously don't purchase from wherever you did. And you know I'm joking right?  ;)

EDIT: There's no CPU as well.

Really solid build, great choice in parts, especially graphics :)

My Rig: i5 3570k at 4.2 GHz 1.12 Volts, Hyper 212 Evo, Maximus V Gene, RM650, 840 Pro and Seagate Barracuda, 8 GB of Sniper Ram, and a GTX 770.

Nice looks awesome, definitely getting this case

Nice build!!  I like how you added fan grills to the fans, it kind of matches the video cards.

I know it will probably be boring, but could you please post pics of the back end? I'm really curious with this case

Nice build, but why did you add the fan grills?  And I would also like to see the back if possible?

I think painting the rings on the fans gold would go really well with the GPUs and the Mobo.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Nice case , first time I see it on build logs

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

I'll get pics of the back today. I use fan grills because I am bad about putting my hands in fans while the system is on, they tend to break when I do that :-)

Glad to start seeing this case in builds. It is superb. Good work all around.

Just .... I could punch Asus in the face for those heatsinks on their new Z87 line. It is why I didn't get one.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Yeah, I am not HUGE on the gold, BUT I honestly got it for the amazing software that I dearly missed on my Z77 Sabertooth. I upgraded to a 4 way ASRock Extreme9 and regretted every second of it honestly. I love the Asus software and it just feels like it has the quality it should for a close to 300 dollar board. Like I said before I am thinking about painting the corsair fans gold and maybe the heatsinks on the Trident series RAM I have, I am going to go with white lighting instead of crappy blue as well. So hopefully if I get a little free time later this month I can knock out the rest of what I want done. Thanks everyone for the positive feedback so far.

I think painting the rings on the fans gold would go really well with the GPUs and the Mobo.

+1 to this. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Not a fan of the gold heatsinks or the external looks of the case but it definitely looks really nice and clean.

Yeah, I am not HUGE on the gold, BUT I honestly got it for the amazing software that I dearly missed on my Z77 Sabertooth. I upgraded to a 4 way ASRock Extreme9 and regretted every second of it honestly. I love the Asus software and it just feels like it has the quality it should for a close to 300 dollar board. Like I said before I am thinking about painting the corsair fans gold and maybe the heatsinks on the Trident series RAM I have, I am going to go with white lighting instead of crappy blue as well. So hopefully if I get a little free time later this month I can knock out the rest of what I want done. Thanks everyone for the positive feedback so far.

I hear ya, the board is superb...for me sadly it just wouldn't work in my build. I had my heart set on it until I decided to go white/black.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Love all that space for cables in the Air 540, but what's with the fan grills? Never understood why people deliberately place obstructions in front of their fans.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

Love all that space for cables in the Air 540, but what's with the fan grills? Never understood why people deliberately place obstructions in front of their fans.

Well he explained why he decided to use so many, because he tends to hit the blades when he`s working inside of the cases and brake them :P

Nice build btw, just needs to match in colors like u said u will probably do

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

O: awesome specs , really nice build

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

that soundcard looks like it's starving your top GPU of air. what are the temps like?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

shockingly I have no heat issues with the GPUs. my temps did go up a 10C switching from the phantom 820 to the air 540 but that was totally expected. my temps have never hit 80C but I will run a few tests tonight and report back. I will run heaven and valley since those are hard on the GPUs. if you want me to test other Games let me know. I am overclocked on both cards I'm at 1215/1700 on the bottom card and 1254/1700 on the top card. I highly recommend the acx 780 above all others.

Well he explained why he decided to use so many, because he tends to hit the blades when he`s working inside of the cases and brake them :P

Ah, I didn't read that post. Guess I should have.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn