Should I buy the Nvidia GTX Titan X?

Mrkimmy
Go to solution Solved by The Crazed Child,

Unless you are a diehard Nvidia user I would wait for the R9 390X, sources say that it will match the Titan X in performance and be considerably cheaper.

Also, why on earth are you upgrading this early? The 970 came out, like what, 5 months ago? Seems kinda silly to upgrade now, doesn't it?

Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying the gtx titan x, but I don't know if I should buy it. I currently own 2x Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming graphics card but don't know if it's worth getting the new one. I would love to have everyone's opinion on the new graphics card. 

Of course not. You have 2 970's which perform better and you would also play a lot more money.

"You can get more of what you want with a kind word and a gun than you can with just a kind word." -- Al Capone.

I would recommend to keep two x 970 for atleast next gen GPUs from Nvidia.

It's still a better GPU for the money.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

No...It is never "worth" buying a titan. You buy it because you want it. You buy it because it used to be a direct compute alternative.  You buy it because it's all shades of fricking awesome...... But no. It's never "worth" buy a titan.

Of course not. You have 2 970's which perform better and you would also play a lot more money.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Unless you are a diehard Nvidia user I would wait for the R9 390X, sources say that it will match the Titan X in performance and be considerably cheaper.

Also, why on earth are you upgrading this early? The 970 came out, like what, 5 months ago? Seems kinda silly to upgrade now, doesn't it?

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Thanks for the opinion guys ^_^ 

Hey guys, I'm thinking about buying the gtx titan x, but I don't know if I should buy it. I currently own 2x Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming graphics card but don't know if it's worth getting the new one. I would love to have everyone's opinion on the new graphics card. 

Poor children in africa can eat those 1000$. Dont buy it.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

You sound like everybody in TechRax's videos

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

You sound like everybody in TechRax's videos

lol  :lol:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

No clue why you're bringing Africans into this conversation

He's racist. j/k

Because its better to give those 1000$ to the africans and not to nvidia. (with extra sauce it would be grate)

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Because its better to give those 1000$ to the africans and not to nvidia. (with extra sauce it would be grate)

You get nothing but feeling better about your self when giving the 1000$ to poverty

You get feeling better about your self and a kick ass GPU from giving a 1000$ to nvidia

;)   im just playing, i donate to charity's pretty regularly and they make me feel amazing.but i have enough money to do both sooo  i guess if it came down to giving 1000$ to charity or getting a titan X....  and thats all i could do..   id...... id...... get the titan x.    rekted :( lol

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

You get nothing but feeling better about your self when giving the 1000$ to poverty

You get feeling better about your self and a kick ass GPU from giving a 1000$ to nvidia

;)   im just playing, i donate to charity's pretty regularly and they make me feel amazing.but i have enough money to do both sooo  i guess if it came down to giving 1000$ to charity or getting a titan X....  and thats all i could do..   id...... id...... get the titan x.    rekted :( lol

everybody would choose to get the titan x. No one cares about those africans.... oh wait i just said that ^...ahhh whatever.

NAZIS WILL RISE.