HELP! Will an MSI 970 gaming motherboard still look cool under a blue case light?

UniversalBacon

I'm building a system, and REALLY want the MSi 970 gaming, but it's red.  And this is the only motherboard with decent reviews in my price range.  AND, i'm not a huge fan of red.  Plus the rest of the system is already based around blue, even the case.  I already changed my blue kingston hyper x ram to black.  Please help!  I want to make sure it will still look bada** through a case window under blue light.

well it won't look as good as if it was blue but you can survive with it

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

"MSI 970 gaming mother board"? 

Are you implying you are combining a msi 970, and the msi gamin 9/7 etc motherboard?

Or just the gpu.

or just the MOBO

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I'm building a system, and REALLY want the MSi 970 gaming, but it's red.  And this is the only motherboard with decent reviews in my price range.  AND, i'm not a huge fan of red.  Plus the rest of the system is already based around blue, even the case.  I already changed my blue kingston hyper x ram to black.  Please help!  I want to make sure it will still look bada** through a case window under blue light.

i mean, if its bright enough. the red parts might look violet-ish. if you're fine with that, go ahead. but i highly doubt you will look at the insides of your pc more than your monitor.

"MSI 970 gaming mother board"?

Are you implying you are combining a msi 970, and the msi gamin 9/7 etc motherboard?

Or just the gpu.

or just the MOBO

An MSI 970 gaming is a motherboard for the AMD side based on the 970 Chipset.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Kk, thanks. It's gonna be livable. I wouldn't do it because OCD. But if you like it, go for it. 

An MSI 970 gaming is a motherboard for the AMD side based on the 970 Chipset.

mhmm got that cleared up. thanks

With parts such as the GPU and the CPU cooler (assuming air) covering up most of the board, you will be a-okay.

Here's a build that use the same motherboard, but has a blue color scheme:

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/sCZ8TW

Aren't there other options available that have a blue color scheme?

Sadly, no. Boards with the same quality and features as the 970 gaming with a blue or black color scheme are significantly more expensive.

The cheapest decent quality AM3+ board with sli capability at the moment is this board:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($100.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $100.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-21 14:39 EDT-0400

If sli capability isn't needed, nor is the better onboard audio then there are options like the Gigabyte 970A-UD3P

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($79.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $79.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-21 14:41 EDT-0400

But it doesn't make sense to me to buy it when you can get the much better 970 gaming for $5 more.

@LtRavens I'm interested in your financial support ;)

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

@LtRavens I'm interested in your financial support ;)

Haha, I'd definately help out. I'm actually moving. So for the following months, I wont be helping out too much at the moment. Because resources going towards a bunch of stuff right now haha. :P

Haha, I'd definately help out. I'm actually moving. So for the following months, I wont be helping out too much at the moment. Because resources going towards a bunch of stuff right now haha. :P

heh you can always lend me your checkbook

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

@UniversalBacon The blue light would make the red kinda purply... which also depends on the intensity of the blue light.

It isn't THAT MUCH red. There are several ways to paint over the red parts. I'd use model paint from a hobby shop. The stuff they use on model boats and such.