Painting the Framework

Shadow Gamer

I'm going to do a nice paintjob for a old PC case, and I want to paint the framework. I know the steps are 1) Sanding 2) Primer, and 3) Painting, but how much do I need to sand, and what primer do I need to use? Again, this is for the framework, which is basically just a dull grey.

Thanks for the help,

-Shadow Gamer 

I'm going to do a nice paintjob for a old PC case, and I want to paint the framework. I know the steps are 1) Sanding 2) Primer, and 3) Painting, but how much do I need to sand, and what primer do I need to use? Again, this is for the framework, which is basically just a dull grey.

Thanks for the help,

-Shadow Gamer 

For spray painting get a few scotch brite pads or >400grit sand paper to just roughen up the surface so everything is evenly scuffed, and primer isn't mandatory for previously painted parts but personally I like to give it a very light coat to cover the previous color and get good adhesion. For bare metal parts however I would get self etching primer, it contains an acid that textures the sanded surfaces and lets the primer bite into the metal even better.