windows updates on SSD and hard disk dual setup

Tithonius
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

dont buy a WD green...that will be extremely slow

if you cant buy a WD black get a barracuda

its almost as fast and costs less than a WD green.

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but i plan to use a 120 gig SSD for my operating system on my new build, and i plan to put everything like programs and other items on a WD green hard drive. (i realize WD black would be better but i cant afford it as of now) 

my question is about windows updates, if i install my OS on my SSD will all of my windows updates, and other updated that relate to windows like security and stuff automatically go to that drive? or will i need to manually tell them to go there? is there anything else i may need to know about my first dual drive setup?

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

Install all your programs to the SSD too. 120GB is enough, HDD should be for just data (music, movies, etc)

And yes, windows updates automatically go into the C:/Windows dir

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Any perticular barracuda you would recommend?

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

id probably go for a wd blue..the greens are garbage..but the blues are decent if you can't afford the blacks

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

The seagate barracuda has a higher read and write speed then the WD blue, plus it like 10 bucks cheaper... Plus the blue only comes in 500GB and 1TB, not enough space for me and my video and photo editing

Any perticular barracuda you would recommend?

Just the regular barracuda :)

a 7200rpm one though, I think the 5+TB ones are only 5900rpm

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just the regular barracuda :)

a 7200rpm one though, I think the 5+TB ones are only 5900rpm

Yeah i found it, thanks for the recommendation :D