Is this GTX 980 worth it?

KryptonicFox

I have looked around and I think the best I have found is the Galax GTX 980 SOC for power and noise; am I right??

http://www.galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-SOC-4GB-p/98nqh6dnc7vz.htm

Yes.

Thread can be closed now.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I have looked around and I think the best I have found is the Galax GTX 980 SOC for power and noise; am I right??

http://www.galaxstore.net/GALAX-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-980-SOC-4GB-p/98nqh6dnc7vz.htm

BTW I am running at 2560x1080 so it's going to getting noisy and it's going to need power

It's a very good card, if you don't mind the... whatever that color is.

"Rawr XD"

so many 980 topics b)

it is worth every penny

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

It's a very good card, if you don't mind the... whatever that color is.

Yea, it's mostly the power because I know there is the asus strix which would match my build better but I heard it's worse and the gigabyte g1 which I'm unsure about

Yea, it's mostly the power because I know there is the asus strix which would match my build better but I heard it's worse and the gigabyte g1 which I'm unsure about

Gigabyte G1 is a great card, and 980s barely use any power. What PSU do you have?

Personally I'd go with the G1 over the Galax. They'll perform very similarly but the G1 looks more aesthetically pleasing in most cases.

"Rawr XD"

Gigabyte G1 is a great card, and 980s barely use any power. What PSU do you have?

Personally I'd go with the G1 over the Galax. They'll perform very similarly but the G1 looks more aesthetically pleasing in most cases.

My theme is black and red and I'm going to buy a Corsair RM850 so the blue logo is a disturbance for me as my case is the nzxt h440 which has a open widow 

My theme is black and red and I'm going to buy a Corsair RM850 so the blue logo is a disturbance for me as my case is the nzxt h440 which has a open widow 

Please don't get an RM850. There's soooo many better PSUs for the price

"Rawr XD"

Let me also be the devil's advocate of the thread...

If you have slightly deeper pockets, rock out with the Titan X!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Galax does very neat stuff. My SLI card will be a HOF for sure. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

Personally, I only buy cards from EVGA. Top notch customer service, durable products, and kick ass warranty. But yes the 980 is an amazing card. 

Ryzen 7 3700x | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi | TForce Delta 32GB DDR4 | WINDOWS 10 64 BIT | WD Black 1TB NVME | Intel 1TB NVME | WD Black 4tb HDD | Nvidia 3080 FE | Seasonic 850w Platinum | Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered | BeQuiet DarkRock Slim |

Please don't get an RM850. There's soooo many better PSUs for the price

I love my RM. It is worth it.

Chase B
Sound Tech and GPU Expert

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

I love my RM. It is worth it.

Except when it gets whooped in performance by the XFX XTR and EVGA G2 (for 550-650W and 750-1000W ranges respectively), both of which cost cheaper for the same wattage variant then the RM. 

No Corsair PSU is "worth it". 

"Rawr XD"

Except when it gets whooped in performance by the XFX XTR and EVGA G2 (for 550-650W and 750-1000W ranges respectively), both of which cost cheaper for the same wattage variant then the RM. 

No Corsair PSU is "worth it". 

Explain how no Corsair PSU is worth it 

Chase B

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

Explain how no Corsair PSU is worth it 

There's pretty much always a better PSU for the money.

CX? XFX ProSeries/TS

CS? XFX XTR

Everything else? EVGA G2/P2

"Rawr XD"

There's pretty much always a better PSU for the money.

CX? XFX ProSeries/TS

CS? XFX XTR

Everything else? EVGA G2/P2

True True I guess. I got my 850 on a deal so yea 

Chase B