Keep people from installing junk on windows?

CatzRuleZWorld

My grandparents use me for their computer repair/whatever and whenever I look on either of their windows 7 computers they have 5-10 new programs like "anti malware" or "speed booster"; complete junk. I'm wondering if there's a good way of preventing this from happening. They still need to be able to install real programs that they use and they have no idea that these junk programs are even being installed or why.

Thanks

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Why dont you install them programs they need?

adblock plus, also restrict the admin account.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

My Arsenal of Granparent-Proof Software:

Avast in Hardened Mode

Unchecky

μBlock

Also, restrict admin privileges.

Avast in Hardened Mode

Unchecky

μBlock

Damn. Unchecky would have saved me a bunch of time getting rid of crapware and bonus unexpected BTC miners. 

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

You can either block them from installing anything or let them install what they want...

theres no in-between

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Why dont you install them programs they need?

I don't live with them

Install everything they need then take away Admin privileges...

Then when they get a new program they get frustrated they can't use it

Avast in Hardened Mode

Unchecky

μBlock

Also, restrict admin privileges.

Unchecky looks like the think that would stop most of it. Great suggestion because I'll probably actually use it on my computer now that I know about it!

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)