Start working or study?

So currently I am doing a partial study as a teacher.

However, I am done with this almost, this will run to September and then I am out of there.

I have to find a job also, in order to support myself.

But now I have an idea.... I could go do a different study after this. Something computer related, and I wouldn't even have to worry about money during the study because it is paid for by the government.

Thoughts? I was thinking something like an Application creator study or something along those lines. You know, working with companies to create applications and such... Or I could go pursue a different kind of study also to do with computers/networking at a higher level.

So what do you think? Study or work? Basic living needs is no problem for me, I can move out in a couple of years and currently live with my mom and sisters still at home.

No point in turning down free education. You might not have forever to take that offer, but you'll have the rest of your life to slog through a career.

Lucky you still having stufi, use it while you can :D

Well yeah, until you're 30 right? :P but they changed it for HBO and Uni. You have to pay it back.

That's not something we can decide for you :P

^ this, only you know OP

Study, study, study! The more letters you get after your name early on in life, the easier things are later on in life

That's not something we can decide for you :P

Yeah but I can tell you this: I don't see myself working as a teacher.

Study, really study. Less than 4% need higher level, math learn it. Just do something you love or try. My dad once said you star to work and if things go right you dont stop till you're very old. Study while you're young and grow up to be a wise old man.

Then I'll decide for you. Go study something else. You can either thank me or scold me in 10 years time.

Study, really study. Less than 4% need higher level, math learn it. Just do something you love or try. My dad once said you star to work and if things go right you dont stop till you're very old. Study while you're young and grow up to be a wise old man.

Hmm... Sounds like something a wise old man would say. :P

I think I will go study. Need to figure out what though.

Well yeah, until you're 30 right? :P but they changed it for HBO and Uni. You have to pay it back.

Next year when I'm going to uni I'm just having a loan :angry:

Now that changes things, however you should try it before you decide finally. I never thought that I could be a teacher myself, but here I am 3 years into college, excelling in every class for it and I got 2 years to go. Although I'd prefer teaching at university level, it's not a bad job at any level to be honest. You get all vacations during holidays, summer vacation time, winter vacation, a nice salary, insurance etc... I mean, not many people can enjoy a job with not so much stress and such nice benefits. Salary could be better but it's far from bad. :D

I would say start with working and do some parttime studying with LIO or something like that.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Also, something you should know, teacher work hours aren't so long, you can always extend your knowledge, at least that's what quite a few IT teachers here do, they learn a lot through school seminars etc. Most of them program in their own time and make money that way too. :)

Also, something you should know, teacher work hours aren't so long, you can always extend your knowledge, at least that's what quite a few IT teachers here do, they learn a lot through school seminars etc. Most of them program in their own time and make money that way too. :)

Yeah I know, the vacations are amazing. But yet...

I would say start with working and do some parttime studying with LIO or something like that.

LIO? You mean LOI? :P

hes not. He has done a lot he wishes he could take back. Im 26, i went to school and have enough hours for a degree and dont. I always want to go back. The teachers you have in higher schooling is much better, they really care, not all but enough. You wont find people in the work place that care about your growth in the same way a teacher does. You can work and go to school, you can work at your school. You can intern at year 2 normally. Let me put it this way if your teacher has a doctorate they are in the top 1% educational level in the world. They have forgotten more than most will know. 4, 6, or 10 years is nothing to follow your dreams. I hate my job 40 hours a week every week, its a waste of life dont waste yours on mediocracy. If you dont go to a normal 4 year school learn a skill, on site job training is a joke. I could say so much more but, im sure you get it. I wish you the best throughout life. Godspeed.

Yeah I know, the vacations are amazing. But yet...

Mate, if you don't see yourself doing it, if you don't like it, then don't do it! Honestly, you shouldn't force yourself to do something you don't like, no matter what it is. Especially if you would teach younger kids, they tend to be nerve wrecking and exhausting. :)

Mate, if you don't see yourself doing it, if you don't like it, then don't do it! Honestly, you shouldn't force yourself to do something you don't like, no matter what it is. Especially if you would teach younger kids, they tend to be nerve wrecking and exhausting. :)

Yeah, i don't think I will do it after all anyway.

So you're studying to become a teacher but working as a teacher doesn't really interest you?