My tips for long gaming sessions

ShadyHost

1. Stand up and walk around every other match. If you sit for hours on end you will probably have some kind of health problem. It also helps keep you calm and focused while gaming. You can do this in between each match or every few matches depending on what game you play. This helps while raiding or playing long streaks on the same server in a multiplayer game. Do some pushups or maybe get a healthy snack. 

2. Have a glass of WATER within reach. Being thirsty will make you cranky. Don't drink solely soda while gaming. All it will do is make you more thirsty and thus make you more irritable. I recommend walking to get yourself more water as part of step 1. 

3. Have the proper setup. Don't have your keyboard in your lap and your mouse on a cardboard box. Get a desk or a card table if you have to. Search your local store for something cheap to game on for the time being. Your mouse and keyboard need to be at the appropriate hight. Have a proper mouse pad and wrist rest. Keep a light on in your room so that the monitor is not the most bright thing in the room. Get yourself a nice comfortable chair and make sure you sit in the correct position. 

4. BLINK! Staring at a screen for hours on end will kill your eyes. Don't turn the brightness on your monitor all the way up and sit in the dark. That is just silly. Look away from the screen for a little bit so you don't go blind. 

5. Cool your gaming room/area. If you can, turn the air conditioning up in your room that you game in. Computer parts generate heat and that will make the experience less enjoyable. Get a box fan if you have to and have it blowing  in your general direction. If you live in a cold area open a window. 

6. Game with the right people.  Don't sit in a skype call with someone who has a static mic. Every time I get into a call with someone who has a crackly walmart mic it just makes me want to quit. Use another voice chat program that has PTT if you have to. Static is a annoying. Also don't run with people who like to talk shit. It gets annoying fast. 

7. Take a break.  This is different from getting up and taking a walk. Closing the game and doing something else for a few minutes can help. You can still talk to the people you are gaming with but go browse the internet for a few moments and cool off. Maybe come check out the forum :)

If there is anything you think I should add post it below. These are just some of the things I do while gaming. 

Edited by ShadyHost

5. Cool your gaming room/area. If you can, turn the air conditioning up in your room that you game in. Computer parts generate heat and that will make the experience less enjoyable. Get a box fan if you have to and have it blowing  in your general direction. If you live in a cold area open a window.

If you live in cool area/are in a cool room, wear appropriate clothing/start the heater, no kidding a couple of people have die from spending ~36 hours in a cool room doing mostly nothing.

Edited by Eddyall

If you live in cool area/are in a cool room, wear appropriate clothing/start the heater, no kidding a couple of people have die from spending ~36 hours in a cool room doing mostly nothing.

If you live in a cool room crank up your overclocks and use your computer as a heater. 

This is wierd because me and a mate just stayed up all night playing LOL...

And I feel like, crap.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Good suggestions. Maybe add to look away from the screen more often than you get up, like the rule to look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds to reduce eye strain. 

This is wierd because me and a mate just stayed up all night playing LOL...

And I feel like, crap.

I think playing LoL is the problem.....lol

Have a keyboard and mouse at an appropriate height.

Provide adequate lighting around your monitor to reduce eye strain.

George foreman grill beside monitor and plenty of sausages and bacon to hand.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Gaze out of window or focus your eyes to infinity for cuple of seconds, every now and then when you can. 

Do a cuple pushups, sit ups ( the ones that you only make it half way, or hold 30 seconds in position ), back excercises, and streches every now and then.

Only drink water.

Healthy diet - at least try :D

Proper sitting position / change sitting pos.

Fruit. Instead of sugar. Fructose take much longer than glucose and sacharose to go in blood and burn.

I do none of the above. h4rd nigga, thug lyfe.

I probably should though.

If possible, gaming while standing is great for blood flow

Gaming while standing isn't really realistic though. We are talking easy stuff that lazy people can do. 

Also most people don't have a special desk they can raise to meet their height. Not everyone is a midget like Linus.

Gaming while standing isn't really realistic though. We are talking easy stuff that lazy people can do. 

Also most people don't have a special desk they can raise to meet their height. Not everyone is a midget like Linus.

Have you seen Slick's desk in their new house? 

I know not many people have the possibility of gaming up straight but

I can assure it feels great, more control over keyboard/ mice

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I think about it, I do a surprisingly large number of those with out realising.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6