Quick question

VincentiusIV

Are windows keys connected to motherboard???? The G2A.com support says so................................

"I fart in your general direction" -The Frenchmen

I don't believe so, I think it's tied to your storage device it is installed on. Almost positive about that

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I don't believe so, I think it's tied to your storage device it is installed on. Almost positive about that

This is what the guy had to say:

Stanley: It is not a rip off. Windows codes are ALWAYS (it doesn't matter from whom you buy those) attached to mother board. That is how they know which codes are still to be used and which not. When it is attached thrn feedback is sent to microsoft database. After you try to use it on any OTHER motherboard it will not be possible, as it has been already used.

Stanley: Hello, Vincent. How can I help you today?

Vincent: Recently i upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and cpu

i also secure erased my ssd , and formatted my hdd

and now i try to reactivate windows 8.1 pro

but it's invalid

Stanley: With the previously used code?

Vincent: yes

it gives an error code that means this code was used on another computer

but it wasnt

Stanley: But it was. Codes are always attached to mother board, it hasn't be connected with it. You cannot use it on different computer with different mother board

Vincent: well i just made contact with microsoft, and they said the code was never meant to be sold through g2a.com

Stanley: Nevertheless, this code cannot be activated on ANYTHING else, as it had been already used.

Vincent: but thats just a rip off, these upgrade keys are meant to upgrade the software i already have (windows 7

Stanley: It is not a rip off. Windows codes are ALWAYS (it doesn't matter from whom you buy those) attached to mother board. That is how they know which codes are still to be used and which not. When it is attached thrn feedback is sent to microsoft database. After you try to use it on any OTHER motherboard it will not be possible, as it has been already used.

Vincent: That is nonsense, even the microsoft support says its not

Stanley: For any further questions regarding how to switch already used code to another of the same owner please contact Microsoft directly. As I can see everything is clear as the code had been already used and attached to one mother board.

Vincent: Yeah but i just did

and they said i needed to contact g2a.com

Stanley: I am not sure why is that?

Vincent: that this code was meant to be sold for STUDENTS ONLY. And that this website shouldnt be able to sell these codes.

Then i explained the whole marketplace system that g2a.com uses

and they said 'contact g2a.com'

'we cant help you any further'

I guess it is possible they are using hardware ID locking, though I have heard instances where people would be using the same keys on multiple machines.

Sorry if my post offended your entire family, but I get kind of defensive when I'm high...

I guess it is possible they are using hardware ID locking, though I have heard instances where people would be using the same keys on multiple machines.

I do not use the key for multiple machines. I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, then secure erased the ssd (where the os was installed on) and installed it again.

I do not use the key for multiple machines. I just upgraded my motherboard and cpu, then secure erased the ssd (where the os was installed on) and installed it again.

Ah. Did you activate the OS on your last machine? If so your only option is to contact Microsoft/Windows support and ask them if they could reset it.

Sorry if my post offended your entire family, but I get kind of defensive when I'm high...

quick answer, if its a pre-built computer like Acer for example, than yes.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Ah. Did you activate the OS on your last machine? If so your only option is to contact Microsoft/Windows support and ask them if they could reset it.

Yeah it worked on my last machine. I also contacted microsoft, and they said this code was never meant to be sold through G2A.com

quick answer, if its a pre-built computer like Acer for example, than yes.

If ACER makes computers in an enthoo primo, with custom watercooling?

No this computer is not pre-built xD

Yeah it worked on my last machine. I also contacted microsoft, and they said this code was never meant to be sold through G2A.com

those are MSDN keys, are they not?

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

those are MSDN keys, are they not?

Could be, MS support said this code was used for Students/Teachers

That's your problem right there. Don't tell them you bought it off a key site. G2A, although sponsored by a lot of people, is the shadiest black market for illegal keys ever made. They buy keys during sales, and resell them for profit, hence breaking the license agreement. Imo, you should just buy your copies from legit sources, if you ever expect support for them.

That's your problem right there. Don't tell them you bought it off a key site. G2A, although sponsored by a lot of people, is the shadiest black market for illegal keys ever made. They buy keys during sales, and resell them for profit, hence breaking the license agreement. Imo, you should just buy your copies from legit sources, if you ever expect support for them.

I should just go and pirate it, hassle free. But then i would have the risk of all the mess that comes when you get cought (which never happens though)