I'm not receiving windows 10 updates, any ideas?

Sauron
Go to solution Solved by CoolaxGaming,

Settings - Update and Recovery - Preview Builds - Check for Preview Builds (When checked), Download

Be happy

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

for some reason I'm not getting new builds through windows update. I'm currently stuck on 9841 and have seen no signs of any updates being available now or in the future. However I know for a fact that 9926 is already out for both fast and slow circles and a new build was even added a couple of days ago. Is there any way to update manually, or do you have any idea of why this may be happening?

-p.s.-

it's sort of a big deal for me because I started doing most of my work on an arch linux virtual machine on vmware workstation 11 and with the current build there have been bsod issues across all users (myself included). Apparently the newer builds fix the issue.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yeah that build is out for both slow and fast, but there should be a section called Preview builds or something in Update and Recovery if I'm not mistaken as I remember that's how it downloaded or something as the later builds just download the updates through the windows update section.

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

for some reason I'm not getting new builds through windows update. I'm currently stuck on 9841 and have seen no signs of any updates being available now or in the future. However I know for a fact that 9926 is already out for both fast and slow circles and a new build was even added a couple of days ago. Is there any way to update manually, or do you have any idea of why this may be happening?

10041 is out 2* if @RZeroX is method fails, then its just a bug, my desktop updated but my laptop won't. its a preview so still buggy 

Settings - Update and Recovery - Preview Builds - Check for Preview Builds (When checked), Download

Be happy

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Be happy

Settings? In windows update settings there's no such option, which do you mean?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Should be in the Update and Recovery where it shows preview builds if I'm not mistaken.

The settings app.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

you have to use the metro looking one, not control panel

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here