can dual gtx titan x sli handle dell's 5k monitor

after seeing linus video on dell's 5k monitor and the new gtx titan x with 12gb vram with j2cents testing one  gtx titan x with shadow of mordor at 4k with max settings at 42 fps average.are two of these card capable of running modern games with out aa 

I would expect so, though it'd depend on  how well the game scales with SLI

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

They were saying 4K max settings (with MFAA) on modern AAA games were getting 36-70fps on a single one so I'd imagine SLi could run 5K comfortably even if it wasn't a solid 60fps in the most demanding games.

Yes but that setup will cost $4000 in the US

And will cost a lot more everywhere else.

4k usd+ now but in the next 18 months it will be half, then 2-3 yrs it will be 500+ usd but then 8k-10k monitors be flagship as 4k replaces 1080p has the norm.

i can already smell the wasted money,,,,,,,,,,

waste of money who can't use this type of hardware to it's full potential (3d rending, CAD, CS6,CC, Vegas, Poser, and other professional software)/ makes a living off the hardware/software. playing games is just a bonus with the gtx titan and the dell 5k monitor, has Linus mentioned in his review with the 5k monitor it's professional monitor and gaming is possible but not recommended. still it's the current flagship/halo monitor/gpu combo and this always diminishing returns for consumers not prosumers/enterprise.

And then you'll be asking about a GPU setup to game on 8k, and it will be $8k

So what's the point of asking at all?

The baller setup for its day will always have a baller price tag.

8k probally won't be 8k/8000 usd when it becomes available (thanks to competition)to prosumer/consumer monitor like dell's 5k monitor is current at 2000$ usd, but with nvidia's mass gpu market share at 75-76% they could make high-end expensive like nvidia market testing card titan z at 3000$ usd.so the future is unknown i hope amd r9 390x and their future line up can make a massive dent on nvidia market share to prevent pricing like on gpu/titan z.

waste of money who can't use this type of hardware to it's full potential (3d rending, CAD, CS6,CC, Vegas, Poser, and other professional software)/ makes a living off the hardware/software. playing games is just a bonus with the gtx titan and the dell 5k monitor, has Linus mentioned in his review with the 5k monitor it's professional monitor and gaming is possible but not recommended. still it's the current flagship/halo monitor/gpu combo and this always diminishing returns for consumers not prosumers/enterprise.

might wanna use some punctuation there bud, cant even tell if youre tryna roast or just agree...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

My dual Titan Xs are arriving this morning, and I am using them for just this purpose, to pair with a 5k monitor. Actually, if it's successful, I am going to pair it with 2 (or even 3 with a 3rd Titan X) 5k monitors. I'm not using it for video games though, I'm using it for design and motion graphics, and as my daily developer setup.

The Dell 5k monitor is the best monitor I've ever used, not just because of the resolution, but also the color reproduction, and I currently use a triple NEC PA272W setup so that's saying quite a bit that I think the 5k monitor could replace those for color work. Designing on it is an absolute dream that truly does impact the quality of my work. And with the scaling at exactly double of 1440p, I can work at a familiar scale, and with apps that don't scale it looks basically just like 1440p does since 1 pixel = 4 pixels, and I've spent the last 5 years working on 1440p 27" monitors, which I am extremely comfortable designing on.

Right now it's connected to dual GTX 980s. With this setup, I do run into performance issues in certain situations, especially when working with vectors. And gaming with it in 5k is completely impossible unless you go to medium or low settings. My hope is to use it with a multi 5k monitor setup. I very much prefer 3 monitors while working, but if I could get away with 2 it would be worth it. What's really great about the 5k monitor though is that it scaled to 1440p incredibly well, since 5k is double of 1440p, so if you play at 1440p it's still incredibly sharp. 4k has to scale around 1.3x, which causes things to get pretty fuzzy if you go to 1440p. You'll need to go to 1080p, which for a 27 inch monitor is going to be fuzzy anyways.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'll be putting it through some of it's paces. It's going to be connected to a workstation with the following specs:

Intel i7 5960X 8 core

64GB DDR4 2133 RAM

Dual GTX Titan X in SLI

3x 512GB SSD (One media drive, one scratch disk, one applications drive)

1200W Power Supply