99.99%

Go to solution Solved by Xsilent(X),

well I havent deleted it yet but I paused and restarted the wu.... Now it says 8.9 days xD

ill try deleting it

you will have to let it recalculate again the wu messed up. did you have done some OC on the card? don't delete a wu unless it is you're last option.

suggestion for stuck on 99.99% on a WU

1 Pause everything

2 set the slider on light

3 Wait like 10 minutes

4 Close the F@H client

5 reboot system for any stuck folding prosesses

6 start the F@H client

7 set the slider to full

8 unpause all of the WU

9 wait like 4 hours

If that does not work delete that WU and let it do hiss job

if that does not work either delet F@H and reinstall drivers and reboot. 

My work unit has been stuck at 99.99% for over an hour... what should I do?

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

Put some purell on it.

lol um well you might have to delete the work unit. Does your log say anything and do you have an overclock? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

My work unit has been stuck at 99.99% for over an hour... what should I do?

Close out, and try again. It'll resume from it's save point.

If that fails, reinstall.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Put some purell on it.

lol um well you might have to delete the work unit. Does your log say anything and do you have an overclock? 

yes i have an overclock and how do i delete a wu

CPU: Intel i5-2400 Mobo: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz GPU: Sapphire R9 280x Tri-X Case Corsair Obsidian Series 350D PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Certified

Its a common bug, especially with AMD hardware. It happens to me if I pause a particular unit too many times.

Two suggestions:

1) Try pausing the unit for a minute or two, when you start it again it should jump back to a lower percentage and continue normally from there.

2) If that doesn't work, just delete the GPU slot and re add it. By doing so it dumps the work unit.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Pause the slot. Close, restart the Client and resume. As

the others have said it should restart from a save point.

If it doesn't, you could alternatively delete the Wu and

restart the Client.

For manual deletion i would have a looksy at the bottom

of Our lovely FAQ: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/207857-for-folding-users-tips-tricks-and-faq-updated-aug-2014/

Pause the slot. Close, restart the Client and resume. As

the others have said it should restart from a save point.

If it doesn't, you could alternatively delete the Wu and

restart the Client.

For manual deletion i would have a looksy at the bottom

of Our lovely FAQ: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/207857-for-folding-users-tips-tricks-and-faq-updated-aug-2014/

Its a common bug, especially with AMD hardware. It happens to me if I pause a particular unit too many times.

Two suggestions:

1) Try pausing the unit for a minute or two, when you start it again it should jump back to a lower percentage and continue normally from there.

2) If that doesn't work, just delete the GPU slot and re add it. By doing so it dumps the work unit.

well I havent deleted it yet but I paused and restarted the wu.... Now it says 8.9 days xD

ill try deleting it

UGH

now it started a new project, still says 4.66 days, and my collection server is 0.0.0.0

ive tryed deleting the gpu multiple times... is there any way to delete my entire operation (including client and webapp) but still keep my donor "account" with my stats?

UGH

now it started a new project, still says 4.66 days, and my collection server is 0.0.0.0

ive tryed deleting the gpu multiple times... is there any way to delete my entire operation (including client and webapp) but still keep my donor "account" with my stats?

Wait some time untill it stabilizes.

Wait some time untill it stabilizes.

okay

i quit out of the desktop app and now im using the webapp and its fine...

is there any way to use gpu only in the webapp?

okay

i quit out of the desktop app and now im using the webapp and its fine...

is there any way to use gpu only in the webapp?

Web app is cpu only. 

Web app is cpu only. 

oh. are there any other desktop applications besides "FAHControl"

oh. are there any other desktop applications besides "FAHControl"

Not sure what you mean. 

If you mean if there are other ways to fold, then no only desktop and web.

If you mean to control/monitor folding there's also webcontrol: http://folding.stanford.edu/client/

ill try deleting it

you will have to let it recalculate again the wu messed up. did you have done some OC on the card? don't delete a wu unless it is you're last option.

1 Pause everything

3 Wait like 10 minutes

4 Close the F@H client

6 start the F@H client

7 set the slider to full

8 unpause all of the WU

9 wait like 4 hours

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

1 Pause everything

3 Wait like 10 minutes

4 Close the F@H client

6 start the F@H client

7 set the slider to full

8 unpause all of the WU

9 wait like 4 hours

yes I previously had an overclock but i reset it to stock settings. I am trying your steps now thanks

yes I previously had an overclock but i reset it to stock settings. I am trying your steps now thanks

To me it sounds like you need to smear yourself with some 

good old patience :P, the estimates will be completely wacky 

at first. You need to wait and let it settle in. I would guess

that the wu reset itself like we expected earlier, but you didn't

let it start properly.

A stuck wu is one thing, but if the estimates are wacky, all

you can do is wait, if it doesn't go anywhere after a good 

while, then you can start considering deleting it. Well, the

same kinda applies to a stuck wu aswell.

Also, what people refer to as the "web client" is specifically

the chrome plugin that lets you fold in the chrome browser.

But you also have the "web control" that is tied to your desktop

client and not actually folding via the web browser. Two 

separate things, the chrome(web client) doesn't support

gpu folding at all. 

Edited by tobben

To me it sounds like you need to smear yourself with some 

good old patience :P, the estimates will be completely wacky 

at first. You need to wait and let it settle in. I would guess

that the wu reset itself like we expected earlier, but you didn't

let it start properly.

A  stuck wu is one thing, but if the estimates are wacky, all

you can do it wait, if it doesn't go anywhere after a good 

while, then you can start considering deleting it. Well, the

same kinda applies to a stuck wu aswell.

Also, what people refer to as the "web client" is specifically

the chrome plugin that lets you fold in the chrome browser.

But you also have the "web control" that is tied to your desktop

client and not actually folding via the web browser. Two 

separate things, the chrome(web client) doesn't support

gpu folding at all. 

thanks

FYI - always check the logs - this will typically give you a lot of info. Many times a WU can be stuck at 99% simply because a server is offline. Servers go offline from time to time and can get busy and reject submissions for a while. I have seen it take two days to submit a WU on a down server. I would give it a day at least before delete a WU, as this wastes a lot of your resources. 

Also to note, if your failed WU's (failed to submit to Stanford) goes above 10%, you will no longer qualify for QRB - so keep that in mind when deleting.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

FYI - always check the logs - this will typically give you a lot of info. Many times a WU can be stuck at 99% simply because a server is offline. Servers go offline from time to time and can get busy and reject submissions for a while. I have seen it take two days to submit a WU on a down server. I would give it a day at least before delete a WU, as this wastes a lot of your resources. 

Also to note, if your failed WU's (failed to submit to Stanford) goes above 10%, you will no longer qualify for QRB - so keep that in mind when deleting.

im new to this O.o whats QRB?

im new to this O.o whats QRB?

Quick return bonus points, basically get more points

the quicker you return wu's that follow that point 

scheme. But to qualify you need to return 10+ QRB

eligible wu's with a return rate of atleast 80% using

a passkey.

you can find some terminology explanations aswell

as info on passkeys in the FAQ. 

That usually means it can't connect to the FAH server

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

1 Pause everything

3 Wait like 10 minutes

4 Close the F@H client

6 start the F@H client

7 set the slider to full

8 unpause all of the WU

9 wait like 4 hours

thanks! I think your advice finally helped but I cant be sure because I tried a bunch of other things to try to fix the problem. Anyways, now it sits at 9 hours remaining which is at least better than the 8 day estimate before... Hopefully the estimate will drop more and eventually stabilize back to normal like in the past. I'll post int his thread when that happens.

Thanks again!!

Ok keep me updated if that wu finished up :)

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular