Opinions on AKG K 240?

Unhelpful

Just want some opinions on the AKG K 240's. A friend of mine may be looking into them.

I was thinking those and a snowball instead of hyper x clouds.

They're good but at the same time these older AKGs aren't recommened often. I personally rather have the Phillips SHP9500. 

Is there any reason you say that they aren't recommended often? I just generally don't have a ton of knowledge on the subject.

Is there any reason you say that they aren't recommended often? I just generally don't have a ton of knowledge on the subject.

Not really. It's just that they're older and don't get much attention. I haven't listened to the AKG so can't say for sure which one is better. 

Not really. It's just that they're older and don't get much attention. I haven't listened to the AKG so can't say for sure which one is better. 

Ah alright ty. I was just wondering since they are $68 http://www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFAand appear to be pretty good.

Maybe I'll be able to try them out at microcenter, I know that my local one has a few AKG headphones to try out.

Ah alright ty. I was just wondering since they are $68 http://www.amazon.com/AKG-240-Semi-Open-Studio-Headphones/dp/B0001ARCFAand appear to be pretty good.

Maybe I'll be able to try them out at microcenter, I know that my local one has a few AKG headphones to try out.

I think it's worth the extra $15 to get the Phillips. While I can't say for sure that they are better, the Philips sound exactly like my AKG K7xx which were already an amazing deal at $200. 

They're a fine headphone but have that flat, studio monitor sound. Those looking for a more fun listening experience probably won't be pleased with them. I believe both the Superlux 668b and 681 have a more v-shaped signature.