Diagonal Lines Across Screen?

Go to solution Solved by Tedster,

The lines are very faint, so my camera doesn't pick it up. There's also dots where the lines intersect. They are more prominent when the display is black (either displaying black or off). You could barely notice the lines, but if you see a reflection, then you'll see the lines.

Is it something like the grid you can see in this photo?

SHIELD-3.jpg

If so, that's just the touchscreen sensor grid.

Hey guys!

I got a brand new HP Omen for a month and I've been noticing diagonal lines and dots that are about 1mm apart from each other. I cleaned it once with lens cleaner with a microfiber cloth. I am positive it has nothing to do with drivers, since I could see the lines even if my laptop is shut down. I was wondering if this is normal, or did I clean off a layer of anti-reflection or something?

Welcome to the Forum.

This sounds bad. Can you take some photos, upload them to Imgur and insert them into your post?

Sig under construction.

The lines are very faint, so my camera doesn't pick it up. There's also dots where the lines intersect. They are more prominent when the display is black (either displaying black or off). You could barely notice the lines, but if you see a reflection, then you'll see the lines.

Is it something like the grid you can see in this photo?

SHIELD-3.jpg

If so, that's just the touchscreen sensor grid.

Sig under construction.

It's similar, but on a diagonal and with dots. I figured it had to do with touchscreen, but I don't remember it being so prominent. And thanks for the welcome message! :D