Will this UPS power my computer?

(Edit: I am reposting this thread to this sub form because I couldn't find any help elsewhere.)

Hello guys, I live in a area where the electricity frequently goes out, as that has happend a lot in the past while gaming on my PC, I fear that it will damage my components in the future. I did some research and it turns out there is something called a UPS, a backup power supply pretty much, and I found this one on Amazon http://www.amazon.co...ps power supply. I am really tempted to buy it and hook it up to my PC, so when a blackout happens my PC can safely shut down and not damage anything. However there is a problem, as I have 0 experience and knowledge about UPS's. I would like to know if this is powerful enough? Will it provide enough power to my 650 Watt Power Supply to safely shut down my system? Anyway, thanks a lot.

(Edit: I am reposting this thread to this sub form because I couldn't find any help elsewhere.)

Hello guys, I live in a area where the electricity frequently goes out, as that has happend a lot in the past while gaming on my PC, I fear that it will damage my components in the future. I did some research and it turns out there is something called a UPS, a backup power supply pretty much, and I found this one on Amazon http://www.amazon.co...ps power supply. I am really tempted to buy it and hook it up to my PC, so when a blackout happens my PC can safely shut down and not damage anything. However there is a problem, as I have 0 experience and knowledge about USP's. I would like to know if this is powerful enough? Will it provide enough power to my 650 Watt Power Supply to safely shut down my system? Anyway, thanks a lot.

It will if it isn't fully loaded when that happens.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

the basic guideline is to always buy one with higher wattage than your electrical appliance, since yours is 650W, getting 800++ should be okay i think

oops wrong thread.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

It will if it isn't fully loaded when that happens.

Thanks for replying, is there any kind of UPS that you can recommend that will safely shut down my PC, while gamin of course? 

Thanks.