Am I getting enough bang for the buck with this build?

VenkiPhy6

I am from Chennai, India. My currency is INR. My budget is 30k rupees. I am upgrading my present build for better performance in 2D vector animations, web browsing and occasional gaming at 1080p(AAA titles like Assassin's creed). I am also selling some of my older parts. I have first shown my plan for the new build and then I have shown my older build.

New build planned with prices in INR :-

RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX 4GB*2 DDR3 2133MhZ     -    6728

PSU - Corsair CX500                                              -    3850

Case - Deepcool Tesseract SW case                     -     3300

OS - Windows 8.1 Pro (Student edition)                 -     3500

Fans - Deepcool Xfan 120L/B * 2                           -     1000

CPU cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212X               -      2800

CPU(APU) - AMD A10 7700k                                  -     10413

Motherboard - AsRock FM2A88X+ BTC                -     5384

Monitor - DELL S2240L 21.5                                 -      7735

Total       -     44710

Old build's parts for selling with prices in INR :-

RAM - Transcend 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz        -   700

PSU - Zebronics 450W                                  -   500

Case - Zebronics micro ATX case                 -   800

Fans - 80mm Fans *2                                 -   500

CPU - Intel core i3 2100                                -   7500

Motherboard - ASUS P8H61M PLUS2         -   1500

Monitor - Dell 18.5" D1920f                          -    3500

Total  -    15000

Grand total in INR (Price for new build - Price from old parts sale) = 29710

Note that I already have a Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD and a AMD Radeon R7 250 graphic card in my present build which I can use in dual graphics mode with the aforementioned APU.

As you can see, I am able to bring the cost within my budget. But I am now left thinking if I can reduce my cost a bit more.....if I can get a PC with more value than the one shown above. In short, is the build I have planned getting me enough bang for the buck or can I get more? I am aiming to spend a little bit less because there are chances I may not be able to sell my older parts for as high a cost as I am thinking I can.

PS:-

You can convert INR to USD here. It might not be an accurate conversion, but it might give you some perspective. I am planning to overclock. Also, note that I am especially concerned if I am spending a bit too much with my new RAM, PSU and CPU cooler.

My build log(in progress): http://bit.ly/1CMaebR

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Pretty good! One thing- if you don't mind a TN panel, all plastic design, or only tilting up and down display, I would recommend the Dell E2414H which is what I have. It is 24 inches, 1080p, and mine was only $140 USD! What a steal in my opinion. I don't know the rupees conversion, but I would consider this. Hope this helps, and God bless! One more thing- Get the the Hyper 212 Evo if it fits

im from india bangalore get your computer parts from amazon.com 

not from flipkart or snapdeal or amazon.in the indian govt tax is crazy 

as for your build

AMD Radeon R7 250 graphic card is ok ok (thambi if u play in medium settings its ok )

which cpu the cpu is very important for the gpu to work

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k4mXpg
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k4mXpg/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($87.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($17.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($53.19 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $159.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-15 10:28 EDT-0400

using my build u can easily play at ultra in 28 to 35 fps which is excellent in indian pc standards 

im from india bangalore get your computer parts from amazon.com 

not from flipkart or snapdeal or amazon.in the indian govt tax is crazy 

as for your build

AMD Radeon R7 250 graphic card is ok ok (thambi if u play in medium settings its ok )

which cpu the cpu is very important for the gpu to work

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k4mXpg
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/k4mXpg/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($87.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($17.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($53.19 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Total: $159.13
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-15 10:28 EDT-0400

I can't run an A-10 5800k in dual graphics with R7 250. So if I get that, then I will have to buy a costly R9 270, as you suggest. Instead of doing that I can simply stay with my i3 -2100 itself and get that card I suppose. But I am not sure if that will yield better performance than the build I have planned. DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW?

I have seen that many people suggest going for the 212EVO or 212x instead of TX3 for the CPU cooler. But then...the TX3 is way cheaper than the 212EVO here. So I might think of it. NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS ON THIS.

That motherboard you have suggested doesn't have a VRM heatsink and so not good enough for overclocking.

Also I can't buy from amazon.com as I don't have a credit card and am not comfortable with using VCCs.

Side note:-

Are you also a Tamil? :rolleyes:

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Pretty good! One thing- if you don't mind a TN panel, all plastic design, or only tilting up and down display, I would recommend the Dell E2414H which is what I have. It is 24 inches, 1080p, and mine was only $140 USD! What a steal in my opinion. I don't know the rupees conversion, but I would consider this. Hope this helps, and God bless! One more thing- Get the the Hyper 212 Evo if it fits

Ah! But I need to see some good colours since I do some 2D vector animation work... so I will need an IPS display! Actually that is the only reason I chose that monitor as opposed to what you suggest. :mellow:

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Ah! But I need to see some good colours since I do some 2D vector animation work... so I will need an IPS display! Actually that is the only reason I chose that monitor as opposed to what you suggest. :mellow:

Ok! I just game, watch youtube, and browse the web.

I can't run an A-10 5800k in dual graphics with R7 250. So if I get that, then I will have to buy a costly R9 270, as you suggest. Instead of doing that I can simply stay with my i3 -2100 itself and get that card I suppose. But I am not sure if that will yield better performance than the build I have planned. DOES ANYONE ELSE KNOW?

I have seen that many people suggest going for the 212EVO or 212x instead of TX3 for the CPU cooler. But then...the TX3 is way cheaper than the 212EVO here. So I might think of it. NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS ON THIS.

That motherboard you have suggested doesn't have a VRM heatsink and so not good enough for overclocking.

Also I can't buy from amazon.com as I don't have a credit card and am not comfortable with using VCCs.

Side note:-

Are you also a Tamil? :rolleyes:

ik u are all exsited about it but im sorry to brake it to ya crossfire between two different gpus are very inconsistent and u will see major fps droops  

ik u are all exsited about it but im sorry to brake it to ya crossfire between two different gpus are very inconsistent and u will see major fps droops  

True dat!  :mellow:  But after reading through this , I was impressed and decided to go for it. ;)

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki