My New Overkill Build

Tekku

Hello guys, first of all, I really know this build is overkill, so don't loose your time letting me know this like people did on other foruns :)

I have been wanting to do this for a lot of years right now, but I never had the job/money that allowed me to do this until now.

Actual Computer:

CPU - Intel C2D E8400 @ 3.00GHz
Board - Asus P5QL-PRO
RAM - 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2
Graphics - Asus GTX 670
Case - NZXT Phantom (First edition)
Cooler - Raijintek Themis
Storage - SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb + 3.5TB other mechanical HD

New Computer:

CPU - Intel i7-5830k
Board - Asus x99-E WS
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB Kit (For now I had to go with this kit, I wanted to go for blue RAMS but had to got this in RED because the difference in price was more than 100€ just because of different color))
Gráfica - GTX670 (I will keep this for now until the new generation comes out and we see what the new APIs will do)
Caixa - Phanteks Enthoo Primo (Black and White with White Leds)
Cooler - Raijintek Themis (I will keep this too until I decide what to do, go for watercooling custom/AIO/air cooling))
Storage - SSD Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb + 3.5TB Other Mechanical HD (I will keep this until I upgrade to a Bigger SSD and to a unique and bigger Mechanical HD)

M3we73i.jpg

Here you can see some of the boxes that came, the case box is out of the picture because it was HUGEEEE.

9wwRMpq.jpg

The CPU already on It's right place :P

22eQOzp.jpg

And then problems start :( I assembled 3 of the RAMs just fine and when I get to the last I notice the RAM is just not right when I lay it in the slot, and I take it out and guess my surprise when I see the slot is broken :'(

71LxxTk.jpg

Here you can see the little plastic that was broken, if you look at the first picture of the RAMs you can notice the slot is broken :(

vbQFq4L.jpg

With the little plastic the RAM still goes in place but doesn't stick there :( I just tried to mount everything to see if everything works and I get no more problems.

4QEYwMS.jpg

V7tP5vd.jpg

In this two you can see everything assembled for the short time I got to see everything working fine and find what I got to do next.

After this I had to disassemble it and go back to my old hardware, I contacted the shop caseking.de for the warranty and basically they told oh yeah you can send it back but it's probably on you this problem :'( I still send it back and i'm now praying for a little bit of luck :'(

I found to that my PSU  was not enough for this build and i'm now in the process of buying a new one, probably a Coolermaster v1200 or a Seasonic P 1200W.

And I'm thinking to about the cooler for this machine, I don't know if I want to go for the custom loop and have the work and pay the huge amount of money it costs or go with a Coolermaster 240M, or with air cooling.

I like

tumblr_mroqip2yWv1spdzipo1_250.gif

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Why would you buy the WS board.. Why?! If you had gotten a cheaper X99 board and the 5820K instead of the 5930K you could've afforded a GTX 970...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Look I din't bought the 980 because I didn't want to, has I said I'm waiting for what comes out now and what the new APIs will do.

I'm not in a rush, and I can wait for a few things, for what I do 670 is still top notch. I will wait for what comes next :)

Right now I wouldn't recommend the shop where I bought it because of my problem, but if you want to go at your own risk it's at caseking.de

It's a German company, Goodluck :)

That motherboard.....is fucking sexy

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That motherboard.....is fucking sexy

Yes she is, that's why I picked this one, and didn't think too much on the overkill :P

My screen loaded it so that I could only see the "actual computer" (old build) and I thought that was the "overkill build". lol

Lol not at all, it sure holds up just fine for it's age, but it's not overkill at all right now :P

The only thing with my current system is just that you can notice the age already, but I still play ARMA 3 mods, ARMA 2 MODS, DAYZ SA, BF3 and a little BF4 it's not with huge fps or something like that, but when you can't have better is better than nothing :) With the new system when I tried it, I immediately noticed the fluidity in desktop/Chrome, and DAYZ SA was of the other world hihi :)

well kinda hard to call this overkill (if you mean the parts, but if You only gona be doing Typing exercises then this is Overkill haha) IT looks like a sweet build and that 670 Does still pack a punch =D

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

well kinda hard to call this overkill (if you mean the parts, but if You only gona be doing Typing exercises then this is Overkill haha) IT looks like a sweet build and that 670 Does still pack a punch =D

Hehe it's overkill in the sense that I'm not That hardcore gamer or that the plataform itself is still overkill for gaming while a 4970k would be enough :)

Yeah I used it for a few hours with the new setup and it just looks like she has a new life, pretty good for a free card that I got in a giveway on my birthday by a localshop in my hometown :P