Which Build should I do?

Hello, I would like to know which one would be better for gaming and home use. Other options and opinions wanted. Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wtPZP6

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qK6J23

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Hello, I would like to know which one would be better for gaming and home use. Other options and opinions wanted. Thanks!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qK6J23 - This one. Could even drop the i7 to an i5........ Unless your doing productivity stuff........

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Neither. Go with this instead.

Btw, it has windows.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($224.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: PNY XLR8 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.00 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($329.00 @ NCIX US) 
Case: BitFenix Comrade ATX Mid Tower Case  ($53.40 @ Mwave) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($92.00 @ B&H) 
Total: $1400.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-15 01:04 EDT-0400

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qK6J23 - This one. Could even drop the i7 to an i5........ Unless your doing productivity stuff........

I want it beacuse of the higher clock speed, but I suppoe I could.

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Neither. Go with this instead.

-snip-

What wizardry did you do to make that that cheap? btw, I heard that the hyper 2012 evo is quite loud.

What wizardry did you do to make that that cheap? btw, I heard that the hyper 2012 evo is quite loud.

Simply put, I know what parts are actually worth investing, and what aren't. I know what I can compromise upon, without sacrificing performance or quality.

Anyway, the 212 isn't as loud as one might think. Sure, at max RPM, it does get noisy. So just configure it not to run at max RPM. You probably won't need it anyway. But if you insist, I suppose you could invest more on a CPU cooler of your choice.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

I want it beacuse of the higher clock speed, but I suppoe I could.

Clock speed is almost completely irrelevant in comparing CPUs, unless they're the exact same cpu. Anyway, if you wanted clock speed get an fx 8350, they hold the world record for highest overclocks, and are renowned for being easy to overclock. Then and again, an 8350 @ 5.7ghz is slaughtered by a 5960X @ 4ghz.

Unless you're doing heavy content creation (photoshop, vegas, premier) then you don't need an I7, let alone a 5820K. A 4690K is a great cpu, and for what you've said so far would fit perfectly with what you need.

A good note, then 5820K is a high-end editing chip, or extreme multitasking chip (gaming, streaming, hosting a server, and rendering a video all at once) The 4790K is their entry level editing cpu of the I7 series, it does however offer best single-core performance of any cpu to date, that though, is not a pure selling point on a gaming or light use rig. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Clock speed is almost completely irrelevant in comparing CPUs, unless they're the exact same cpu. Anyway, if you wanted clock speed get an fx 8350, they hold the world record for highest overclocks, and are renowned for being easy to overclock. Then and again, an 8350 @ 5.7ghz is slaughtered by a 5960X @ 4ghz.

Unless you're doing heavy content creation (photoshop, vegas, premier) then you don't need an I7, let alone a 5820K. A 4690K is a great cpu, and for what you've said so far would fit perfectly with what you need.

A good note, then 5820K is a high-end editing chip, or extreme multitasking chip (gaming, streaming, hosting a server, and rendering a video all at once) The 4790K is their entry level editing cpu of the I7 series, it does however offer best single-core performance of any cpu to date, that though, is not a pure selling point on a gaming or light use rig. 

But they qare basicly the same cpu, only the i7 has a .5 ghz higher speed and hyperthreading

The second would be better. But it could be improved. An ssd will make a big difference. GTX 970 is arguably better than the R9 290X. It certainly draws less power, rums cooler and thus quieter. Dominator Platinum are good looking memory modules, hardly worth the expense IMO.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($317.85 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($79.91 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($123.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($98.98 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card  ($329.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO ATX Desktop Case  ($92.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: XFX XTR 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1363.66
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-15 01:24 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I'm too tired, Ill look at this in the morning.

But they qare basicly the same cpu, only the i7 has a .5 ghz higher speed and hyperthreading

They're actually, really different, like, really different. The I7 has a much larger Smart cache (about 30%) The i7 is binned much higher, meaning far better overall overclocks, In essence, their both the same architecture, and have the same compound material as a heat spreader, but the 4790k is more similar to a Xeon e3 1231v3 than the 4690K. Don't let Intels naming policy get in you're head, it's pretty dumb, and everyone agrees on that at least xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||