Gorilla Glass is getting smaller every second

Samdb

Gorilla Glass has been around for a while now and it's saved your wallet when you have dropped your phone. The thing is that the glass is actually shrinking right in front of you. This is the first time that glass has behaved like a liquid as the potassium and sodium ions added to strengthen the glass actually move after it is set. Don't worry though, your phone is fine as it shrinks on a molecular level and will have no impact on how you use your phone.

Original Article: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/07/the-glass-on-your-phone-is-actually-shrinking-before-your-very-eyes/

If its getting smaller then isn't it Monkey Glass :P

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Regular glass itself is actually a liquid though. Just look at old stained glass in cathedrals--the bottom is thicker than the top because the glass is flowing downwards veeeeery slowly.

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

Regular glass itself is actually a liquid though. Just look at old stained glass in cathedrals--the bottom is thicker than the top because the glass is flowing downwards veeeeery slowly.

Well actually all Glass is liquid, even gorilla glass, if its not liquid then its not glass.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

i wonder how phones today with gorilla glass will look like after 50 or so years.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Exactly what I was going to say...

great read, thanks

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

This is pretty cool. Thanks! Just want them to protect the screen from sand/rocks since these can scratch the screen.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The thing about cathedral glass is a very popular myth that has actually been disproven for a long time now. http://www.sciencenews.org/sn_arc98/5_30_98/fob3.htm

Well actually all Glass is liquid, even gorilla glass, if its not liquid then its not glass.

Exactly what I was going to say...

Glass is not a liquid, glass is a "Amorphous Solid" this means that they are similar to liquids but they are not and still considered a solid. 

This is pretty cool. Thanks! Just want them to protect the screen from sand/rocks since these can scratch the screen.

I love how you can use GG2 as a chopping board but if a pebble touches your screen it will scratch.

I remember watching a video on youtube by James May about glass, and that it is moving down due to gravity everyday... (head squeeze if im not wrong)

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

I hope that doesnt cause micro cracks which develop into noticeable crack causing multiple people to cry uncontrollably.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1